• April 29, 2024, 12:27:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2 2010 Zero DS Motorcycles For Sale  (Read 842 times)

Email_dls

• View Profile
2 2010 Zero DS Motorcycles For Sale
« on: July 18, 2017, 01:47:20 AM »

I was willed these 2 bikes and know very little about them. They don't seem to work, and I'm not keen on fixing them. Maybe someone out there can get them working or use them for parts. Email me with offers or questions, or for pictures [email_dls@yahoo.com]. I'm in flagstaff, AZ.

Erasmo

• View Profile
Re: 2 2010 Zero DS Motorcycles For Sale
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 03:10:51 AM »

It might be better if you posted pictures here. If you don't know how I can help with that.

If they don't seem to ride, can you tell us what happens when you plug them in to mains?

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 05:52:18 AM »

I was willed these 2 bikes and know very little about them.
They're not going to sell for much money, but they should find an interested buyer who can put them to good use again. There are many experts who read this forum that will answer any questions you might have.

Email_dls

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 12:08:19 AM »

Here is a picture.  The blue one hasn't been charged since i got it, but the white one was charging fine, until a few weeks ago when i left it unplugged to two weeks.  They both flash red six times.

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 01:08:49 AM »

I don't know what that means on an 2010 bike but if you can charge them. If they have been stored a long time with a low SoC it will hurt the battery.

Email_dls

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 10:57:35 PM »

Sorry, I should have specified a little more.  When I first received the bikes in February, the Blue one would not take a charge, and the shop I took it too told me the battery bank wouldn't take a charge anymore.  The white one would turn on, and all controls would turn on, but it wouldn't go.  The shop I took it to couldn't figure out what was wrong with it.  I spent about $500 with this shop near Prescott (which was a waste of money) for them to tell me they didn't know what was wrong.  Hopefully someone can get them to work or has a use for them.  I'd be happy to answer any more questions if anyone is interested. Thanks!

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 06:34:01 AM »

To condition/balance a 2011 S battery, I was told to leave it plugged in for a week.

It might be the same with 2010.

(Out of an abundance of caution, I'd do it away from anything flammable, I have no personal experience in lithium battery fires.)

our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

brokinspokes78

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 05:08:47 AM »

Email dls, If you are willing to part out one of your bikes. There is a black aluminum plate that bolts to the motor and the frame on both of those bikes. It is specifically made to bolt an Agni motor to the existing motor mounts on the frame. I would be willing to pay you a worthy amount of cash for that part, if you are willing to part with it. Thanks
Brokinspokes78: 2011 Zero Xu Agni95R Alltrax4865
Pages: [1]