Makes And Models > Zero Motorcycles Forum | 2012 and older

Zero DS 2011 wiring diagram

<< < (2/5) > >>

David_Walsh:

--- Quote from: cheerad on September 26, 2017, 08:01:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: David_Walsh on September 26, 2017, 07:49:09 PM ---Chris, when I had a similar problem, swapping out the sensor for the updated one fixed it for me: http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=7289.msg60715#msg60715

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Hi David,

I've got an Agni motor, the Lynch design. I've been through your thread already   :).

--- End quote ---
Oh, OK.
Thought Zero changed in 2010 - apologies.
I don't know too much about those models... You can probably get onto the motor terminals with a meter. See if you can measure voltage when you throttle it? If you do, then it is probably brushes that are the problem. How many miles on the bike?

togo:

--- Quote from: cheerad on September 26, 2017, 05:03:30 PM ---... I'm looking for a wiring diagram. My dealer doesn't have one, Zero in Europe tells me, that "we are not allowed sharing any technical details directly with customers regarding safety issues".

--- End quote ---

I would recommend calling Zero Customer Service, getting your dealer a wiring diagram and whatever other technical info they need to fix the problem.

I had a problem with my throttle on my 2011 Zero S, it was pulling a little when stopped, I contacted Zero Customer Service, and it turned out to be the throttle itself, Zero shipped me a new one for a self-install.

cheerad:

--- Quote from: David_Walsh on September 26, 2017, 10:03:37 PM ---Oh, OK.
I don't know too much about those models... You can probably get onto the motor terminals with a meter. See if you can measure voltage when you throttle it? If you do, then it is probably brushes that are the problem. How many miles on the bike?

--- End quote ---
The motor is running fine, if I just power up the Alltrax AXE controller with the motor connected to it. And I also used the original throttle. So the problem occurs, when everything is connected to the rest of the bike (the MBB).

David_Walsh:

--- Quote from: cheerad on October 06, 2017, 02:56:01 AM ---
--- Quote from: David_Walsh on September 26, 2017, 10:03:37 PM ---Oh, OK.

--- End quote ---
The motor is running fine, if I just power up the Alltrax AXE controller with the motor connected to it. And I also used the original throttle. So the problem occurs, when everything is connected to the rest of the bike (the MBB).

--- End quote ---
OK, the MBB huh...? But no fault code shown by the led flashes?
My understanding is that the MBB checks MANY electrical components before it allows the throttle signal to influence the controller to spin the motor - but you should see a fault code series of flashes. I guess it may be a faulty MBB itself? This (Spanish) guy Manuel shows how to swap one out:
'course, you need a replacement MBB and Spanish to benefit...

igorbaldo:
I have taken the wiring diagram from my 2010 DS, which I believe is pretty much the same as the 2011. It's drawn by hand, so I will not post it now, but I will draw it in the computer an post it here, OK?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version