• April 29, 2024, 04:29:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Alternative Fuel or Electric Vehicle Fees  (Read 971 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Alternative Fuel or Electric Vehicle Fees
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2017, 09:03:03 PM »

I am not saying the letters to my legislators did anything, but "motor truck" and "automobile" are classifications which do not include motorcycles.

Wisconsin Statute:
341.25(1)(L)3. If a motor truck or automobile is a nonhybrid electric vehicle, in addition to the fee under par. (a) or (c), a surcharge of $100 shall be added to and collected with the fee for each automobile and for each motor truck registered under par. (c) at a gross weight of not more than 8,000 pounds.

NOTE: Par. (L) is created eff. 1-1-18 by 2017 Wis. Act 59.

Famous last words.  ;)  When it comes to electric motorcycles, we never seem to be mentioned in any law, but somehow our vehicles still managed to get taxed.  ::)  In 2020, electric vehicle registrations in CA will be increased by $100 a year to help pay for road repairs (and a lot of other stuff that doesn't get talked about much).  Electric motorcycles were not mentioned in the law, but I bet you we will be seeing that yearly registration increase, even though there are very few electric motorcycles in the state, they travel very few miles and do virtually no damage to our roads.

Interestingly, IC vehicle owners are complaining that the EV registration increase should happen next year, not in 2020, since IC vehicle registrations are going up $25, or so, next year.  The "public" says that is not fair.  After all Tesla (the only EVs that are ever talked about here) owners can afford it.  ::) All of those people are rich and need to pay "their fair share", just like the rest of us IC owners do. 
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: 1 [2]