Makes And Models > Energica

New model coming out!

<< < (2/2)

Richard230:
No electric motorcycles were at the shop today.  However, I spoke with the shop owner and he told me that one or two (current) Energica models would be arriving (probably) next week.  Of more interest to anyone wanting to buy one, he said that there had been a big drop in price for the naked model in California.  He told me that Energica got a bundle of cash from California's "cap and trade" credit market and that allowed them to lower the price of the least expensive bike from around $30K to "only" $23K USD.  ???  I will have to check that out the next time I visit the shop, which I will need to do when a part that I ordered today arrives.

ultratoad:
Yeah, I was at Calmoto's open house today too....  Hoping to view the Energica  as well....  I also asked a couple of sales people about the Alta possibility....  No one had a clue....  Disappointing....  I have serious interest in the Alta SM....

Richard230:

--- Quote from: ultratoad on October 22, 2017, 06:28:14 AM ---Yeah, I was at Calmoto's open house today too....  Hoping to view the Energica  as well....  I also asked a couple of sales people about the Alta possibility....  No one had a clue....  Disappointing....  I have serious interest in the Alta SM....

--- End quote ---

I think Alta was one of their employee's dreams.  But apparently the shop owner feels that the Energica bikes will be more saleable to their particular customers as I don't believe there is any possibility for dirt riding within many miles of the shop.  That would require trucking the bike to an off-road park, south of San Jose and I bet there are no charging facilities there.  It is also possible that there were some financial considerations that went with the Energica franchise that made it more desirable than Alta or Zero.  ???  Personally, I really wish they had bitten the Zero bullet, but perhaps Zero having a dealership in San Francisco and another one in San Jose would have provided too much competition for such a small (electric motorcycle) market.

ultratoad:
Unfortunately....  Your point is well taken....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version