General Category > Electric Motorcycle News

Evoke Urban Classic

<< < (2/2)

ctrlburn:

--- Quote from: wavelet on November 13, 2017, 02:06:40 AM ---ROFL. I suspect that the "93 miles" refer to being able to transport that 150kg max payload (rider+gear) for 93 miles before the battery's exhausted; the 124mi listed in the specs for city speeds probably only holds for a 98lbs rider.

--- End quote ---

I suspect the "93 miles" is a bad translation/conversion as 150km is 93miles.   So rather than convert 150kg to 331 pounds (like every other parenthesis is a conversion from metric to imperial)  there was a slip in "translation" and 150km was converted to 93miles - and made it through the final edit - and is faithfully reproduced in every press release and press release repost. 

http://www.motofire.com/2017/11/news/evoke-electric-motorcycles-are-made-by-the-same-company-that-build-the-iphone/
https://electricmotorcycles.news/evoke-urban-classic-at-eicma-2017/

StraydogEOMFD:
I got my demo 2016 Zero FXS for less than 9500 (not counting even more off for the tax credits).  No thanks.

SM:

--- Quote from: wavelet on November 12, 2017, 03:41:40 PM ---I've had an Evoke bicycle for commuting, as do my kids; they're fairly common here. Decent quality stuff at a mid-low part of the price range.

Depending on price, this might actually make more sense as a commuter than a Zero, even though it obviously has less performance & range (and I'm sure doesn't handle as well).
The claimed 120km (~75mi) range should be fine for daily commuting/errands; while full charging is a bit slow at US voltage (8 hours), most people wouldn't need to charge from empty to full each night so should still be fine. Cells are Samsung SDI cells.

This says price will be $9500 (not sure if that applies to the Urban Classic, or Urban S, which has slightly less battery capacity & range).
So, whatdo folks think -- is there a market for this?

--- End quote ---
WAVELET.  Where do you have an EVOKE? In Israel?

wavelet:

--- Quote from: SM on December 30, 2017, 03:29:57 AM ---
WAVELET.  Where do you have an EVOKE? In Israel?

--- End quote ---
Yes, but note it's an Evoke bicycle, not the e-motorcycle (-:    Although e-motorcycles & e-scooters would make a lot of sense here (short travel distances, 12 months of riding season, 9 thereof with not a drop of rain, bad public transportation), we're sadly a rather backwards country EV-wise; ironically, this is in part due to the BetterPlace venture, which was supposed to make Israel a BEV pioneer.  While they went belly-up, They actually managed to get a law passed making it illegal to charge EVs from residential AC sockets -- all charging had to be done from specially-installed managed sockets. That law was only revoked about a year and a half ago. We're only now starting to get a few BEVs (BMW i3 and Renault Zoé), and some PHEVs are also sold here. Ironically, they're mostly the extremely expensive cars like  BMW i8, Volvo XC90-T8 and Mercedes S500e, and most people who buy them never plug in -- they buy them because luxury cars have a ~100% import duty, while for PHEVs it's 20%. They do sell the Prius and Mitsubishi Outlander PHEVs as well, but basically noone buys them.
That said, getting to motorcycles, surprisingly there is a Zero official importer/dealership. Not sure how well they're selling, but the buyers seem to be happy so far. The importer also mentions they'll selling Energicas, but frankly I can't see how that will make sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version