• April 29, 2024, 11:15:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hole storage thingy concept  (Read 2319 times)

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
Re: Hole storage thingy concept
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 04:18:34 PM »

I swear someone managed to get a J1772 socket in there, or was I just imagining it?
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 09:35:36 PM »

For us Brits, it would be a good place to keep an umbrella. You wouldn't need the storage thingy for that though. I like Richard's rain suit idea. Also like the idea of a puncture repair kit. The only trouble is I've got tubes in my tyres so can't plug.

Spare underwear and some toilet roll for touring? Might come in handy for near misses too. [emoji6]

How about toilet seat covers for when you need to visit a "porta potty" or a "Pit toilet" in the woods?   :o
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 06:44:55 PM »

Ideas enough on this forum, that's for sure!

I'd be more inclined to treat the tube under the seat as a nice anchor for tie-downs. I have an Airhawk seat cushion and would rather run a strap under there than under the seat (because the seat is harder to detach than a normal motorcycle's, and don't want to interfere with the wires and fuse blocks there).

One concern with putting things there is weather/moisture exposure. So, I tend to drop extras in my topcase which is very easy to keep dry.

The rear swingarm tube might be good for a trailer mount, conceptually. Maaaybe the under-seat tube could partly anchor a fairing.
I don't know about mounting a trailer on that part, it would get some significant shocks I think.

Anyway, I did a quick mockup(not scaled correctly) in a 3D model:

So far only a screenshot, I have to wait 24 hours before it can be published at Thingiverse.

The idea is to have two parts which you can snap fit together. This way it is mounted sturdy but using a screw driver you can uncouple them later if you want.

nevetsyad

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2016, 01:57:22 AM »

I just got my 3D printer last week, can't wait for you to publish your link on thingiverse!
2023 Energica Experia
2022 Lightning Strike (reservation)
2021 Energica Eva Ribelle (For Sale)
2020 Zero SR/S (sold)
2018 Zero DSR (sold)
2015 Zero SR (Lets call it sold)

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2016, 04:52:57 AM »

An umbrella wrapped in rainpants should fit. No real lateral forces, since we lean into turns.
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

togo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2016, 04:55:43 AM »

Aren't there two holes? One in the main frame and one in the swing arm? I think the swing arm one is bigger.

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2016, 06:27:04 PM »

I just got my 3D printer last week, can't wait for you to publish your link on thingiverse!
Hold your horses, this is far from production ready, it is nothing more than a rough 3D sketch. But the ability to pan and zoom around it makes the concept more clear.
Here's the link: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1339287

I'm currently figuring out how to connect the two pieces, first plan was to screw them together but the narrow bit not being round has complicated things.

An umbrella wrapped in rainpants should fit. No real lateral forces, since we lean into turns.
That is correct but I still prefer a lid on both ends.

Aren't there two holes? One in the main frame and one in the swing arm? I think the swing arm one is bigger.
Yes the swingarm hole is bigger but due to its location also takes a lot of vibrations and shocks.

LeftieBiker

• 42 Years of Motorcycling - 13 years with EVs
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2016, 10:52:10 AM »

"Yes the swingarm hole is bigger but due to its location also takes a lot of vibrations and shocks."

Those conditions shouldn't bother the charging cable, though, right? Maybe two storage thingies, one for the cord and one for things that are more fragile...
EV Ownership:

2001 Oxygen Lepton
2008 X-Treme XM-3000
2011 ZEV 5000LA
2015 Zero SR
Too many electric bicycles to list, mostly EZIP

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 08:12:52 PM »

instead of two pieces, if you made the walls thin and "soft", you could just fold it slightly to stuff it through. 1 piece.

togo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2016, 03:21:06 AM »

leather tool pouch from helimot

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2016, 04:12:41 AM »

"Yes the swingarm hole is bigger but due to its location also takes a lot of vibrations and shocks."

Those conditions shouldn't bother the charging cable, though, right? Maybe two storage thingies, one for the cord and one for things that are more fragile...
Yeah it is in the works. Tomorrow I get my bike back so I can take measurements.

instead of two pieces, if you made the walls thin and "soft", you could just fold it slightly to stuff it through. 1 piece.
Also looking at materials for that. The stuff they make those hard camera bags from is a good candidate atm.

togo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2017, 01:25:09 PM »

Update, please?

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2017, 03:49:54 AM »

Sorry I haven't done anything with it since...

togo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2017, 07:24:35 AM »

Ideas enough on this forum, that's for sure!

I'd be more inclined to treat the tube under the seat as a nice anchor for tie-downs. I have an Airhawk seat cushion and would rather run a strap under there than under the seat (because the seat is harder to detach than a normal motorcycle's, and don't want to interfere with the wires and fuse blocks there).

One concern with putting things there is weather/moisture exposure. So, I tend to drop extras in my topcase which is very easy to keep dry.

The rear swingarm tube might be good for a trailer mount, conceptually. Maaaybe the under-seat tube could partly anchor a fairing.
I don't know about mounting a trailer on that part, it would get some significant shocks I think.

Anyway, I did a quick mockup(not scaled correctly) in a 3D model:

So far only a screenshot, I have to wait 24 hours before it can be published at Thingiverse.

The idea is to have two parts which you can snap fit together. This way it is mounted sturdy but using a screw driver you can uncouple them later if you want.

Would you be willing to share that 3-D model?

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2017, 05:09:38 PM »

Of course: https://www.thingiverse.com/download:2079957

I stopped working on it because I have a huge peli case on the bike these days, no shortage of storage.
Pages: 1 [2]