• April 29, 2024, 11:47:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Odd charging behavior since the last software update  (Read 4169 times)

AsherEscher

• 2016 Zero FXS
    • View Profile
Re: Odd charging behavior since the last software update
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2018, 09:33:31 PM »

Concise question:
Do people with The Firmware Bug find their SOC reads "100%" when fully charged to ~116 V, or is anyone getting some lower number?
I.e. is my problem something else?

gborgan

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2018, 09:50:14 PM »

Concise question:
Do people with The Firmware Bug find their SOC reads "100%" when fully charged to ~116 V, or is anyone getting some lower number?
Just checked mine after charging from totally dead last night. It reads 100% and 116v.  Yet it showed 50% at 30 miles on my test run yesterday. Up to that point I had not gone over 50mph and stayed in Eco. It was a steady backroad ride. When I got back into town I stopped and started on surface streets another six miles before it went to 49%. Eventually I got on the freeway at 35% and it went down to 2% in less than 10 miles. Due to traffic I stayed at 55-60 mph. Now I was at 67 miles. A mile of street riding later I had 4%.  So it goes up sometimes when the speed slows. At 00 I switched to Range and it showed 2.2 miles. Ultimately it stopped at 73.3.
This from a 2015 SR 12.5.   I should have been able to go almost that far at 70mph but this is really just city range now.  Walkers post showing a letter from Zero says “rest assured...”no one has lost range...well, I am going to make two more 100-0 test runs under different conditions to prove otherwise and get back to y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kashography

• View Profile
    • e-motorrad.ch
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2018, 05:58:04 PM »

Concise question:

Mine reads Vpack:116.611V with the newest firmware while charging and floores at Vpack:116.144V when i turn it on a day later.
My range is reduced a bit since last year (at least 10%), but the bike still takes roughly the same charge. so maybe its belt tension oder something that is reducing my range.. Charging looks fine for me. Had the v52 and now v53 firmware update.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 06:06:53 PM by kashography »
  • 200km with one charge (was too easy)
  • 300km in a day
  • 400km in a day
  • 500km in a day (550+km)
  • 600km in a day
    driven in [5] out of 6 nearby countries

AsherEscher

• 2016 Zero FXS
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2018, 07:14:45 PM »

Thanks a bunch, y'all.
So I did a bunch of short trips at 00% - carrying a charging cable and checking voltage before and after - and then mid-ride it popped back up to 89%. So I guess this was unrelated to the new firmware - hopefully just a one-off glitch.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 10:49:55 AM by AsherEscher »

gborgan

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2018, 07:58:01 AM »

So it is Sunday night and I have completed the last of my three planned tests.  I reported on No.1 already.  73.3 miles until totally dead.  No.2 was a 70mph steady run. This time it was down to 5% after only 39 miles!  Had no choice but to run surface streets after that. I eeked out 53 miles before chickening out a couple miles after hitting 00.

Today was No.3.  The intent was to just ride along with traffic in the slow lane 60-65.  I was able to continue to 49 miles and 2%. I ended the ride at 54.5 miles, 3.2 miles after hitting 00.  Half a mile remained of indicated range.

I took photos of the dash so I have “the evidence.”  This is a ‘15 SR with 10,000 miles. It now goes a little over 50 miles on the freeway or will be dead at 73.3 miles in relatively slow (45-50mph) riding.  Zero says “rest assured (no range loss due to updates)”.  I beg to differ.
- George

gborgan

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2018, 09:22:42 PM »

Update to my post of 5/27/18:
I prepared a detailed email for my dealer on 29th and was called on phone right away and asked to bring it in.  The latest update was installed. I didn’t notice any difference.  What DID happen is the odometer stopped (trip meters continued to work ok.). I actually never noticed the main Odo because I typically look at it only when I record my miles at the top of the month. It was recorded 10,904 on June 1.  This past Friday I was riding around and realized it wasn’t changing and showed 10,904. Went home and looked at my paper log and saw it was 10904 as of 6/1.  Naturally I assumed it was caused by the upgrade so I called the dealer Saturday (6/23) and it was as if he was expecting me. Others had been having odometer issues too.  He said something about setting the bike’s Model manually (in the computer.).

The Odo came back with about 500 extra miles (equal to my estimate).  But here’s the kicker:

On the ride home I was seeing usage rates similar to what I had before the first-ever update over a year ago. 

I have posted on The Firmware specific thread too.  Guys, things might be looking up for us. It wouldn’t surprise me if the manual Model entry is the Key to all this because my SR was performing as an S with the 9.4 battery...less power and range almost by the book...for an S 9.4.

A local new friend had just bought a 2016 SR with 1,000 miles. It’s odometer wasn’t working.  He thought it didn’t have the range it should. Got that Odo going, popped up to 2,100 miles and he got a big increase in range (more as advertised).

My bike has underperformed for over a year and received three updates to no avail. Only the last one killed the Odo. If that was due to not entering Model then I can’t explain the prior problems but the latest fix is the first to show promising results. 

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]