• April 29, 2024, 01:46:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: 2018 Zero S with Power Tank  (Read 5491 times)

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Zero S with Power Tank
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2018, 05:36:11 AM »

...one person said he was interesting in buying one, but was turned off by the Zero dealer that he visited as the salesman that he spoke with didn't seem to know much about the bikes he was selling...
When a person asks about my Zero DSR I suggest that if they are familiar with motorcycles they take it for a ride. It answers a lot of questions without me having to say anything. Hopefully no one damages or disappears with my bike... so far people trying out the bike come back and say something like "Yes, I see what you mean, there's not a good way to explain it but it is a very interesting experience. Thank you! I cannot afford to buy one so I have no interest in going to a dealership for a demo ride, but I will tell my friends about this."

I wish there were more advocacy efforts and resources by and for dealerships representing the Zero Motorcycles brand. A large part of the public seem to feel that they have no business going to a vehicle dealership just for a quick test ride and no intention of buying anything;  However for Electric Vehicles the most important action for the industry is going to be an opportunity for everyone to get the experience of driving / riding and to join the conversation.

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: 2018 Zero S with Power Tank
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2018, 06:38:12 AM »

...one person said he was interesting in buying one, but was turned off by the Zero dealer that he visited as the salesman that he spoke with didn't seem to know much about the bikes he was selling...
When a person asks about my Zero DSR I suggest that if they are familiar with motorcycles they take it for a ride. It answers a lot of questions without me having to say anything. Hopefully no one damages or disappears with my bike... so far people trying out the bike come back and say something like "Yes, I see what you mean, there's not a good way to explain it but it is a very interesting experience. Thank you! I cannot afford to buy one so I have no interest in going to a dealership for a demo ride, but I will tell my friends about this."

I wish there were more advocacy efforts and resources by and for dealerships representing the Zero Motorcycles brand. A large part of the public seem to feel that they have no business going to a vehicle dealership just for a quick test ride and no intention of buying anything;  However for Electric Vehicles the most important action for the industry is going to be an opportunity for everyone to get the experience of driving / riding and to join the conversation.

The BMW dealer that I frequent, located in the middle of tech-savvy Silicon Valley, sells both the BMW C-Evolution scooter and Energica motorcycles. Within the past 6 months, they have sold only one C-Evolution (to a fellow in Texas) and just two or three Energica models (one went to Texas), the last I checked.  This is in spite of them asking many of their customers to go for a test ride on their Eva demonstrator and give the bike a try.  I would imagine that many people find the ride exciting, but not enough to spring for $20+K.  If they have that kind of money they snatch up the BMW R1200GS - which tend to go flying out the shop's door.  So there you go.  The customer is always right.  ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]