• April 29, 2024, 08:12:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2013 Zero FX power cutting out in temps below 60 F  (Read 523 times)

Porsche944

• View Profile
2013 Zero FX power cutting out in temps below 60 F
« on: January 16, 2018, 12:29:32 AM »

Hell,

I really hope someone can help. My 2013 Zero FX has about 3000 miles. I've had it about a year and ever since this past fall, it acts up in colder weather. I'm in SF Bay Area so we're not talking about freezing temps. In sport mode, it cuts out completely and has to reboot under full acceleration at around 35mph or so. In eco mode, it'll start to stutter and will have to reboot if you keep pushing it. The speed at which it cuts out and the severity of the cutout are vary with temperature, but the bike generally operates fine about 60 degrees farenheit. Pretty dangerous and I can't figure out what's wrong.
Any ideas?

Trevor

domingo3

• View Profile
Re: 2013 Zero FX power cutting out in temps below 60 F
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 12:55:35 PM »

Hell,

I really hope someone can help. My 2013 Zero FX has about 3000 miles. I've had it about a year and ever since this past fall, it acts up in colder weather. I'm in SF Bay Area so we're not talking about freezing temps. In sport mode, it cuts out completely and has to reboot under full acceleration at around 35mph or so. In eco mode, it'll start to stutter and will have to reboot if you keep pushing it. The speed at which it cuts out and the severity of the cutout are vary with temperature, but the bike generally operates fine about 60 degrees farenheit. Pretty dangerous and I can't figure out what's wrong.
Any ideas?

Trevor

What is your SOC when it is cutting out?  When you say cutout, do you mean reduce power, or zero output?  The two brick bikes are more susceptible to power limiting because a single low cell in the brick can bring it on.  If it is a battery issue, I'm not sure how Zero will interpret their warranty for it.  I'd suggest you contact your dealer to inquire about the battery warranty to get them to review the logs.  You can also look at the logs yourself and post them here using hasslers online log parser.
2016 Zero FXS 2018 Zero FXS 2016 SR
Pages: [1]