• April 27, 2024, 08:43:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Front tire for 2016 Zero DSR  (Read 720 times)

wildgoat

• View Profile
Front tire for 2016 Zero DSR
« on: March 29, 2018, 12:08:23 AM »

Hi Folks,
I'd like to replace my 2016 Zero DSR tires with something more rain-friendly for typical Pacific Northwest spring weather.

Matching the front tire size is a bit of a problem for the rain tires I'd like to get (Conti RoadAttack 3).  The stock front tire size is:

100/90

Has anyone fit a 110/80 or 110/90 tire on a 2016 DSR?  Looks like there is plenty of room to accommodate it, but wanted to see if there's something I'm missing.

Thanks!
WildGoat

Burton

• View Profile
Re: Front tire for 2016 Zero DSR
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 08:12:10 PM »

I planned to install Bridgestone Battlax tiress, having used BT45's on my S and my ninja 250 (so basically 8 years), and found them to perform well year round in east coast weather.

They have tires in our size 130/80-17, 100/90-19 if you are just riding on the street ... oh and they last forever ;)

The only thing I would warn against would be after about 15000 the front end will have some cupping but it levels out if you do corners more or equally as straights.
All content I have created here http://bit.ly/1NX4KP9

wildgoat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 04:08:55 AM »

Thanks for the note...looks like they've got good reviews.  I missed that in my search for the right size. 

I did some more measuring and decided to go ahead and get the Continentals.  I'll report back on the fitment.

Scope

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 03:03:48 PM »

Came out of my afternoon meeting to find a very low front tire on my 2016 DS. After meandering down the hill only to find the gas station air pump OOC, I bought a fix-a-flat at the auto parts store. Was later told the shop can’t fix my flat now because the fix glue won’t adhere to the spray sealant.

Went to jpcycles.com to order 2-day Cont Attack 2 replacement and got a confirmation that it shipped only to inquire today and be told that it has to go to the KY warehouse in order to ship to “international” locations, aka Hawaii.[emoji34]

Called Hollywood Electrics and they referred me to Jakewilson.com or Revzilla. Went to the former, found the same tire for cheaper and still got 2-day shipping. (Hope I didn’t just jinx myself, but want to replace my tire before work travel takes me out of the country for most of April.) 🤞🏼it shows up on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]