• April 29, 2024, 11:23:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Goodbye Zero  (Read 6100 times)

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: Goodbye Zero
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2018, 08:54:44 PM »

Fivespeed  that's fine if you don't want a Zero but has it crossed your mind that your "family" owned dealer doesn't know what the hell they're doing?

It is a $6000 bike with a 10k battery, so get a new battery and sell it yourself and make more money and buy anything you want.  The "trade in" sounds a bit fishy (see the top of my post).

Fivespeed302

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2018, 09:01:49 PM »

Fivespeed  that's fine if you don't want a Zero but has it crossed your mind that your "family" owned dealer doesn't know what the hell they're doing?

It is a $6000 bike with a 10k battery, so get a new battery and sell it yourself and make more money and buy anything you want.  The "trade in" sounds a bit fishy (see the top of my post).

How long is that going to take?  How many $300 payments do I have to make on a bike I can’t even look at, much less ride?  At this rate, I’ll get a new battery about the time Oprah gets elected.  Any additional money I would get through a private sale will be depleted by the monthly payments.  Besides, if I was going to wait long enough for the new battery that I don’t even know I’m going to get, I’d take it to Black Widow Harley-Davidson and get screwed by them too.  Nope, just give me the 2018 Shadow Phantom and I’m done.  I’ll have the R1 for speed, and a cruiser for riding with my Harley friends.  And I’ve already got a horribly ugly and abused 2005 Ninja 250 as a project bike, which is also much more reliable than the Zero. 

As far as the dealership goes, they’re one of the oldest Honda dealers in the nation.  And yes their service sucks.  There’s a Honda dealership much closer and I’ll deal with them for any warranty work, which I don’t anticipate with a Honda Shadow.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 09:04:39 PM by Fivespeed302 »
2015 Zero SR
2009 Yamaha R1

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2018, 09:07:56 PM »

They replaced my battery out of warranty.  Shipped it cross country and back and threw in a new cord no cost to me.
Unless you altered the bike in a big way I feel they will replace your battery no problem.
Just for laughs how much are they willing to give you for your "worthless" bike?

P.S. never get anything you can't pay cash for, just great life advise.

Fivespeed302

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2018, 09:14:34 PM »

They replaced my battery out of warranty.  Shipped it cross country and back and threw in a new cord no cost to me.
Unless you altered the bike in a big way I feel they will replace your battery no problem.
Just for laughs how much are they willing to give you for your "worthless" bike?

P.S. never get anything you can't pay cash for, just great life advise.

They depreciated it by 60%.  I should be able to do an even swap on the 2018 Shadow Phantom.  The only alterations I made was to swap the lights for LED’s, removed the rear fender, mirrors, and passenger pegs.  Your advice about cash doesn’t do me any good at this point.  Besides, I’m not even close to having bad credit.  I also wouldn’t be able to have the successful business I own and operate without credit.  I’d still be stuck with basic tools and stuck doing side jobs if I only paid cash.  Buying equipment on credit has tripled my income in three years.  I was starving before I bought equipment on credit.  In three years time, I’m now making more money than I’ve ever made in my life.  All thanks to credit. 

I do agree that toys like motorcycles/boats/etc. should probably be paid for in cash.  Like I said in a previous post, I learned my lesson.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 09:29:48 PM by Fivespeed302 »
2015 Zero SR
2009 Yamaha R1

Burton

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2018, 01:37:52 AM »

IE don't buy a race bike modified bike ;)
Still rocking my MY13 battery
All content I have created here http://bit.ly/1NX4KP9

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2018, 03:41:02 AM »

I think I could start a business acting as an intermediary between Zero's support department and their customers. What a total and utter failure of such an essential service!

I've been through a lot of pain with Zero support but managed to reach as satisfactory conclusion.  However, just the other day my rear shock absorber failed. I called my dealer yesterday asking that it be fixed under warranty. I know I'm going to have to remember to call my dealer later this week to make sure they've actually done something and get them to chase Zero. Then I'm going to have to email Aaron directly. Then I need to follow that up by calling Zero from work right at the end of the day because they're 8 hours behind. Hopefully I'll speak to someone who can rattle Aaron's cage and get him to read my email. Then I have to see if they've delivered on their promise of setting up a European distribution centre that can ship parts to the UK in a timely fashion. By that, I mean within 2-3 working days from the part being ordered. Then I have to make arrangements to drop my bike off and take a courtesy bike. It's going to be painful and slow and very frustrating.  All to fix a shock that only lasted 18,000 miles.  It's pathetic.

I'm starting to seriously think about saying goodbye myself.  Such a terrible shame and I've been so enthusiastic about Zero motorcycles for years now. I wish I'd kept the VFR 1200... Damn! But I'd also like a 2018SR with the new charge tank, just like Justin is buying. Maybe I should see what service I get this time round and make a decision based on that. 

What Zero need more than anything is some competition.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2018, 10:17:48 AM »

Alright let me say the only reason I said "pay cash" is I had just agreed with you that you would get a 10k new battery and I felt you were missing the windfall of that fact by worrying about a $300 bike payment and letting that get in the way of a better deal.
You could be a tycoon for all I know and good for you if you are.
If you were sick and the closest Dr. couldn't cure you then you would go to a new doctor.
Your bike could very well be a "lemon" because EVERY company has them, I'm just wondering what if it were the dealer.  I'm not even saying they would tear it up on purpose (hope not) but they may be screwing it up because they don't work on these much and it's all new.

If a Shadow works out for you, fine, but you have to see the dealer is making money off you coming and going.  The guy who gets paid to steer someone in a certain direction might not be the best one to listen to.
That's all man.  Good luck.

Fivespeed302

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2018, 04:33:25 AM »

Alright let me say the only reason I said "pay cash" is I had just agreed with you that you would get a 10k new battery and I felt you were missing the windfall of that fact by worrying about a $300 bike payment and letting that get in the way of a better deal.
You could be a tycoon for all I know and good for you if you are.
If you were sick and the closest Dr. couldn't cure you then you would go to a new doctor.
Your bike could very well be a "lemon" because EVERY company has them, I'm just wondering what if it were the dealer.  I'm not even saying they would tear it up on purpose (hope not) but they may be screwing it up because they don't work on these much and it's all new.

If a Shadow works out for you, fine, but you have to see the dealer is making money off you coming and going.  The guy who gets paid to steer someone in a certain direction might not be the best one to listen to.
That's all man.  Good luck.

Oh I definitely got screwed coming and going.  After 7 weeks, the Zero was still in the shop.  Zero (the company) stated that they were going to honor the battery warranty but the dealership had no idea when the battery would be shipped. At that point I told them to keep the damned thing. They bought the bike from me for the amount I still owed the credit company, and I bought a Rebel 500.  My payments went down by $100/mo, and my insurance went way down too.  The Rebel also came with a 4 year, unlimited mile warranty for an extra $13/mo.  It’s not a perfect motorcycle in many ways, but at least I can work on it and there’s a second Honda dealership that’s only a few miles away, as opposed to the Honda/Zero dealer which is 32 miles away. 

So the Zero is gone, and I’m sticking with my belief that KTM is the only electric vehicle manufacturer that is properly selling their bikes with the battery being leased.  I’ll never buy another electric vehicle of any type without having the option to lease the battery. 
2015 Zero SR
2009 Yamaha R1

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2018, 10:10:20 PM »

I'm glad you got a bike that works for you.
At the risk of hitting a very dead horse, your dealer would never have gotten a battery shipped to them.  Zero shipped all the bikes back to CA and did all the replacements themselves. I can't believe your dealer didn't know that.

I hope you weren't offended by any of my comments I really was trying to help you get the best outcome for you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]