Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Poll

Electric Motorcycle Stunts?

Yes, build it, stunt it!
I'm not sure how it's possible, but yes!
I don't think it's interesting.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Electric Motorcycle STUNTS  (Read 1755 times)

hubert

• '14 Zero S, nuke charged
    • View Profile
Re: Electric Motorcycle STUNTS
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2018, 11:30:30 PM »

Never understood what's cool with a burnout. These tires wear out quickly enough while "normal" riding and are not so cheap, so...? We have no smoking pipes, why should we have smoking tires!
2014 Zero S
Velomobile "Quest"
Mitsubishi i-MiEV

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2018, 11:46:56 PM »

Never understood what's cool with a burnout. These tires wear out quickly enough while "normal" riding and are not so cheap, so...? We have no smoking pipes, why should we have smoking tires!

nothing. There is nothing cool about burnouts, loud pipes, or driving recklessly.

Except, at times, to immature people, its fun to do.
If you want mainstream support, you have to deal with the fact that you will have mainstream people. People are stupid. Stupid people buy motorcycles too. I know you dont care about the opinions of stupid people, however....You want those stupid people to buy electric bikes so that they become mainstream.
Just think of them as a cheap source for donor parts.

Burnouts are common because they are easy. They require almost no skill, and they're often done by people that ride such few miles per year that it has no effect on their tire life. You can be the old man yelling at the cloud.. or you can shut up, let the kids have fun, and they wont think its a dorkmobile.

Shahin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 05:09:09 AM »

I recently tested the 2017 Zero SR, and as a stunt rider, it was only natural that I push some limits and debunk some rumors.  ;)

Personally, I'm hooked and I think the capabilities of the electric motorcycle are not fully realized by the motorcycle community in whole.

I'm interested in getting some feedback.

Thoughts, questions!
Also, the burning rubber thing (I'm sure it has a name): PLEASE STOP DOING THAT!  There's no need to add to air pollution .. and it's just not cool. Peace.
on the flip side of this... if it gets more people to ride electrics and view them as cool.... sure. do it.
because moving two people from ICE to EV will create less pollution than the burnout(thats its name) will.
Not to mention, while annoying, the smell and particles do settle out of the air pretty quickly.

So actually on a typical stunt bike, we use a hard compound tire which in turn produces much less smoke in addition to lasting longer. You guys definitely have a good point though, I will keep it in mind.

mguw

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2018, 03:55:26 AM »

Hi,

The FX does wheel much easier.   The torque curve on the SR  has been smoothed.

A short video we shot with my son and his freeride

Specta

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2018, 05:19:07 PM »

Nice video, are you from Toulouse area ?

How different are the KTM and the FX
? Can you film a drag race between the two ?

mguw

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2018, 11:52:01 PM »

Yes South of Toulouse

The FX is much more street worthy and the ktm more dirt, but this you probably figured out by your self.

The drag race is wheel on wheel until 60and then the  fx flies avay

Best regards

Envoyé de mon SM-G955F en utilisant Tapatalk

Pages: 1 [2]