• April 28, 2024, 02:00:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 600 Mile Service  (Read 459 times)

BamBam

• View Profile
600 Mile Service
« on: May 09, 2018, 08:38:56 PM »

I took my new 2017 DSR to the dealer yesterday for the 600 mile service.  BTW, my dealer is Electronic Art located near downtown Cincinnati.  They have been great to work with and I highly recommend using them for a new purchase or servicing.

I told the owner Tim that I only needed the motor commissioning performed.  I'm happy with the way my bike is running so I didn't want to mess with any firmware update and didn't need to have anything else adjusted.  He gave me the following results of the motor commissioning, which means nothing to me so I was hoping that someone else may be able to shed some light on the results.

Offset was originally 141.25
Afterwards it was 138.19
Currently Owned Bikes:
2017 Zero DSR Limited Edition (original owner, running)
2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 (original owner, red now black, running)
1997 Honda Valkyrie (original owner, first year in black, running)
1975 Kawasaki H2 750 (original owner, purple, not running)

Burton

• View Profile
Re: 600 Mile Service
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 10:48:48 PM »

Didn't realize one should recommission a motor after 600 miles ... will have to check mine :D

Will likely have to wait till next weekend though as I got other things to do ... by then I will likely have 2.5k miles on the bike :/

The offset is the angle of the sensor. I have a video out there somewhere on how to commission a motor but basically you are adjusting the encoder so it can read the motor RPM properly. If the offset isn't set correctly all sorts of odd things can happen.

Yours wasn't too far off though. When you first get a motor from the factory they typically put the offset right on the side of the motor with a sticker to make it easier for installation but you still want to check it after installing it and simply use that number as a start :D

I thought the MY17's though had two encoders as I have seen two angles reported in the DVT software :/ (like the throttle having two sensors now instead of one though only one appears to be used at the controller on PIN 22, pin 23 is ignored so far as I can tell.)

All content I have created here http://bit.ly/1NX4KP9

BamBam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 12:55:26 AM »

Thank you for the explanation.  I'll have to ask Tim about the second encoder.
Currently Owned Bikes:
2017 Zero DSR Limited Edition (original owner, running)
2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 (original owner, red now black, running)
1997 Honda Valkyrie (original owner, first year in black, running)
1975 Kawasaki H2 750 (original owner, purple, not running)

Burton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 01:21:28 AM »

Thank you for the explanation.  I'll have to ask Tim about the second encoder.
It's not that there are two encoders ... just two sensors within the encoder (I cannot confirm this outside seeing two angels specified in  DVT under the encoder)
All content I have created here http://bit.ly/1NX4KP9
Pages: [1]