• April 29, 2024, 02:49:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Range experimentation  (Read 5984 times)

Skidz

• View Profile
Re: Range experimentation
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2016, 07:01:03 PM »

I managed to keep the consumption below 45Wh/km when driving behind sufficiently inefficient cars on the highway ;)

eric

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2018, 06:10:33 PM »

As promised, the data:

Zero DSR ZF13 Range test #1: Ambient temp 5 degrees C, SOC at departure: 100%, SOC at arrival: 0%, duration: 59 minutes, Start kWh 12.064, end kWh 0.384, distance travelled 84.2km, altitude gained 210m, altitude lost 210m

Video of the ride, camera on the dash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KYSp303FoI&feature=youtu.be

Thank you for the video!
it makes me wonder someting about the dash value:

with an average trip near 91 wh/km you should have consummed 91*84.2 = 7,662 KW right?
But your real consumption seems to be near 11.7kwh

is the value "calculated" by the bms incredibly optimistic or am i wrong somewhere ?
is it really a measurement or just an approximation that is calculated?

I also have a zero s 13 and see the exact same behavior... an underestimated consumption related to the range.
it wasnt a concern for me before.
But since my commute increased to 130/150 km per day it becomes one to have a reliable indicator this winter to adapt my speed if i cant charge at work

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2018, 03:58:47 AM »

> ... with an average trip near 91 wh/km you should have consummed 91*84.2 = 7,662 KW right?
> But your real consumption seems to be near 11.7kwh

I'm told the current measurement components are much improved on the newer models, and that the ones around 13-15 don't measure as well.  I've been frustrated trying to gauge the efficiency of my aero experiments during normal commute trips using the dash gauge value, and pretty much resigned my self to the need for back-and-forth testing with external measurement.  ScanGauge devices can be added for much improved accuracy- it's on my to-do list, and I think I have all the components needed to do it on my 14SR.
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]