• April 29, 2024, 04:56:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What's So Super About Superbikes?  (Read 746 times)

MrDude_1

• View Profile
Re: What's So Super About Superbikes?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2018, 11:51:29 PM »

But they are not selling all that well in the current fickle market. Everyone wants ADV bikes right now.  ???

Posers want whatever is popular.. and then they usually want to lower them so they can flat-foot it.

Previously it was hipster-ish older bikes... before that it was motards (that I also love) and before that everyone wanted "a ninja"...
For the people riding to be cool, they go with the trends.

You shouldnt expect superbikes to sell well.. the only way to ride them safely is to first get beginner riding out of the way, then progress through slower sportbikes, before you stick your butt on a sub-400 pound machine with more power than most cars.
So only a small subset of experienced riders should even be sitting on them. Even if you've  been riding for decades, if you havent been working on that skillset, and just putting around town occasionally, you probably should not be on one.

If I bought my CBR1000RR when I started riding, I probably would have killed myself.. same for my CR500...  To this day, if I havent ridden the 500 for awhile I ride around on something slower like a 450 four-stroke for a bit to get my bearings before going all hooligan on the CR. These machines are great if you're used to them, respect them and have the ability to safely ride them... they are not great for posers, newbies, squids, etc.

Rugby4life

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2018, 06:00:13 AM »

And why no EV Ford-F150?
Simple:
an EV has to be as light and slim as possible to be succesfull on range (for now). And what is a F150?.....   Right  8)
So the challence would be too make a big very light frame wich is strong enough and doing so also doesn't go over the weight of a normal F150 with the very heavy battery needed for this sized car.

Right, anyone who would try to build a big heavy EV truck must not know anything about how electric vehicles work.
"Before attempting to beat the odds, first determine if you can survive the odds beating you."

heroto

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2018, 08:04:24 AM »

That was like shooting fish in a barrel. Model X weighs 2.5 tons, and the S almost as much. Batteries are heavy.

wavelet

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2018, 06:54:30 PM »

I agree with you totally. The reason EVs vehicles have not been accepted beyond the paltry 1-2% is because of the failure to produce an EV pickup. Few want a little tin box car. PickupsSUVs are what sells. (Just the F150 model sells more  a year than 3yrs of all EVs combined.)  Same applies to motorcycles. Cruisers are what a majority wants. First company to produce a viable cruiser gets my business. Love my zero, but would love a Zero Cruiser way more.
Only in the bizarre US are pickups a thing. Nowhere else are pickups used primarily for personal transportation, so they're not a good model choice for a company that wants to sell globally (as Zero does -- they sell in several dozen countries).
And ditto for cruisers. The market segment that wants cruiser motorcycles isn't going to appreciate electric motorcycles, for the most part.
Pages: 1 [2]