• April 29, 2024, 11:44:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero 2.5kw Charge Tank Fitting  (Read 886 times)

Bigalfromwigan

• View Profile
Zero 2.5kw Charge Tank Fitting
« on: August 14, 2023, 09:25:48 PM »

I own a 2019 Zero SZF14.4 and I have bought a used charge tank to fit to it. However, the seller and I did not know that this was the early 2.5kw version of the charge tank and as such it does not fit my bike.

Physically I can mount it to the bike but electrically, they are not compatible due to the connector that interfaces to the bike. This six way connector does not have an equivalent on the bike so I can't connect it to make it operate.

So does anybody have any knowledge of this charge tank such that I could find a way to use it? Has anybody managed to achieve this?

TheRan

• View Profile
Re: Zero 2.5kw Charge Tank Fitting
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 10:06:31 PM »

Do you know what year the charge tank is from? Pre-2015 the onboard chargers were pretty easy to enable, they just needed 5V on a couple pins, so there's a chance the early charge tanks could have functioned the same. I did have a quick look through some of the service manuals to try and find pinouts for the various years but there's nothing at all to do with the charge tanks from what I could see. They weren't even listed in the bike specifications prior to I think 2018, with the 6kW ones.

If you fancy a look yourself they can be found here: http://zero-legacy-service-manual-site.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/
Pages: [1]