• April 28, 2024, 11:29:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Updated app in the Google Playstore  (Read 1229 times)

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: Updated app in the Google Playstore
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2018, 09:06:28 PM »

Thanks Richard, if it just updated and the app has the new logo then I'm sure it's the same one I have.  I guess it's just my phone then.
Makes me feel special.  :)

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
Re: Updated app in the Google Playstore
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2018, 09:18:01 AM »

Back on topic:  What's the secret to updating the bike's firmware with the app?  If I have the bike on the charger, everything links up, but then it tells me I have to take the bike OFF the charger.

If the bike is off the charger, the app times out trying to verify if the bike has an update ready.  WTF???

I checked the unofficial Zero manual (because the OFFICIAL owner's manual was pretty useless in this regard) but couldn't find anything helpful.

In order to install a Zero update you have to have your bike's battery well charged up, the charger can not be plugged in and the ignition must be turned on. Once the app starts downloading the firmware update, all of the symbols on the dash will flash like crazy. This will probably go on for at least 30 minutes, until the flashing stops. Then you will likely get a message on your app that says that the update failed and to try again.  When you give it another try, you will be told that your firmware is up to date and no new updates are available. You will then find that the update did load properly, in spite of the original "failed" message on your app. And so it goes.....   ::)

You called it.  That is EXACTLY what happened.  Looks like I'm all up to date now.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR
Pages: 1 [2]