• April 29, 2024, 01:45:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Honda to lease their PCX e-scooter  (Read 415 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Honda to lease their PCX e-scooter
« on: December 04, 2018, 09:04:23 PM »

Honda still is not ready to enter the consumer market with a real electric motorcycle, or even a highway capable electric scooter like the C-Evolution.  The best they seem to be willing to do is to lease a few hundred low-power, short-range, (but nice looking) electric scooters like their electric PCX as shown in this article:  https://electricmotorcycles.news/honda-to-begin-lease-sales-of-electric-scooter-pcx-electric/

How many more years (and Zero sales) will it take before one of the Japanese big four enter the electric motorcycle market?
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Fran K

• View Profile
Re: Honda to lease their PCX e-scooter
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 09:20:10 PM »

"How many more years (and Zero sales) will it take before one of the Japanese big four enter the electric motorcycle market?"

Does the Yamaha trials bike count?

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Honda to lease their PCX e-scooter
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 09:27:54 PM »

"How many more years (and Zero sales) will it take before one of the Japanese big four enter the electric motorcycle market?"

Does the Yamaha trials bike count?

Not to me. I have yet to see a review of the bike in the U.S., nor any indication that they plan to sell it here. Plus, an electric trials bike is much easier to make than a highway-capable full-power electric motorcycle that will generate interest and sales in the general vehicle market. The trials bike market is very small here and I am not sure how large it is anywhere else, either.  ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: [1]