• April 29, 2024, 04:02:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Brand New 2019 FX - Needs Battery Replaced  (Read 1320 times)

Jarrett

• View Profile
Re: Another Newbie Question - Battery Related
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2019, 10:08:16 PM »

No loaner offered.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2019, 10:37:41 PM »

I'd ask a little more umm demanding.  But it's your call.

To be clear how fast were you going on this last trip?
If you were zipping up the freeway at 65-70mph than yes it has 40 miles range at that speed.
If you were going 45-50 it seems like the bike is only getting power from the one brick.

Jarrett

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2019, 10:51:28 PM »

I just spoke with the dealer and they said there was some sort of issue with the battery that affected power in and out of it meaning I wasn't getting full power when I was riding it (seemed like I was) and the bike wasn't getting a full charge when I charged it (despite saying 100%)

So they are replacing the battery and I guess it will have more power and range when I get it back in a week or two.

Here are the speeds from when it went dead:

You can see where it petered out at the end and I had to push it the rest of the way.

Ireek

• View Profile
Re: Brand New 2019 FX - Needs Battery Replaced
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2019, 02:32:51 AM »

Well crap, at least it is under warranty and the riding season is just now getting started, you'll be back on the road/trails before you know it.  Sounds like you bought yours out of town, my local dealer dropped them last year so I'd be forced to travel to get one, this is the biggest drawback for me.  Hope you get back on the road quick and that you get to enjoy your new bike!

Jarrett

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2019, 11:06:17 PM »

I am glad they are fixing it under warranty, but this makes me a little more concern about the reliability of the bike going forward. 

I'll plan to sell it somewhere between year 2 and 5 to try and avoid potential headaches.

Jarrett

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2019, 08:26:38 AM »

Update on this. Got my FX back today with new battery installed. Took it for a 41 mile ride averaging 29 MPH. Average temp was 68 degrees. Started with 99%, ended with 24%. This is much better range than I got with the previous battery.

Not sure if it was just higher temperatures + lower average speeds that made the difference or the new battery played a factor. Either way, it looks like I could have gotten 55+ miles out of it today. Which is about 40% better range than I got with the original "bad" battery.

On a side note... I got to ride a SR/F today as well  :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]