• April 29, 2024, 05:19:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Home station on 30A?  (Read 1341 times)

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
Re: Home station on 30A?
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2019, 08:05:49 PM »

+ for the Juice Box 40 pro. I bought one for my sisters house and had an electrician install a 50amp 14-50 for it. It's overkill for her Volt but she is somewhat future proof now and it works great for my Model 3 when I visit.

++ Just installed a Juice Box Pro for my Honda Clarity.  Ran my own 14-50 using 6 Gauge wire (50' from my box).  Works great.  Charged the 17KWH battery in just over 2 hours on my first charge (a little over 7KW on the Juice Box App).  Still just the basic charger on my Zero...

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

af1 racing

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2019, 03:40:21 AM »

we have a Juicebox Pro 40 at the shop too....good unit.  Found it on super sale on Amazon one day.

KrazyEd

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2019, 04:35:54 AM »

A Friend here in Vegas builds something that is designed exactly for such situations.
People rent more than own these days and don't wish to spend tons of money for something
that they may leave behind. He has various options from just a 240V Splitter, to an intelligent
load switcher. He can also build / Sell you an EVSE  to your specifications.
His name is Brad

Not sure if it will get you a discount but tell him that Krazy Ed told you about him

https://www.bsaelectronics.com/collections/dryer-buddys

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2019, 04:55:12 AM »

A Friend here in Vegas builds something that is designed exactly for such situations.
People rent more than own these days and don't wish to spend tons of money for something
that they may leave behind. He has various options from just a 240V Splitter, to an intelligent
load switcher. He can also build / Sell you an EVSE  to your specifications.
His name is Brad

Not sure if it will get you a discount but tell him that Krazy Ed told you about him

https://www.bsaelectronics.com/collections/dryer-buddys

Dryer Buddy came up earlier in this thread. Brad has some really cool stuff. I hadn't thought of the renter angle. Dryer Buddy is a great choice for them. Charging would be limited to 24A (5.7 kW), but that is a good match for SR/F Premium.

KrazyEd

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2019, 07:34:57 AM »

Brad can make them to any voltage the buyer wishes.
I tends to stay at the 80% range for reliability / liability issues.
True if 30 amp, but if 40 or 50, then delivery can be higher.
He can put whatever end the buyer wishes

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2019, 10:53:30 AM »

Brad can make them to any voltage the buyer wishes.
I tends to stay at the 80% range for reliability / liability issues.
True if 30 amp, but if 40 or 50, then delivery can be higher.
He can put whatever end the buyer wishes

Yeah, I tried to think of a scenario in which that would make sense, but came up empty. Dryer outlets are 30 amp breaker and wiring, and in many cases like mine, over 60 years old.

Different wire gauge and outlets are required for 50 amp, in which case one might as well run a dedicated circuit.

Actually what Brad should make is a 50 amp switch that charges one vehicle until it is done drawing current and then charges another. Or maybe better, alternate between two NEMA 14-50 outlets hourly. Pretty big market for that.
Pages: 1 2 [3]