• April 25, 2024, 11:13:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Unstable throttle on Eva, new issue.  (Read 1096 times)

deklund

• View Profile
Unstable throttle on Eva, new issue.
« on: March 23, 2019, 11:18:15 PM »

I jumped on my fully charged bike to start the 50 mi commute home from work last night and noticed the bike was surging.  I switched display modes and could see that no matter how steady I held the throttle, the torque reading was bouncing around by about 50%, sometimes less, sometimes more.  The bike was totally controllable, since throttle off was always off ditto for accelerating, but something is definitely up with the throttle control software.  I have FW version 002041.028. No error codes thrown.  Has anyone tried connecting to the OBD2?  Can you get throttle position info from that?

Thanks for any comments or advice.

SBK74

• View Profile
Re: Unstable throttle on Eva, new issue.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 08:57:39 PM »

I had the issue with the EsseEsse9 throttle as well, a bouncing bar on the display, but also a jerky ride and sometimes an Undefined Fault due to the microprocessor getting overloaded from the signals.  Energica replaced the throttle and that was the solution.
2018-2022  EsseEsse9
2022-         2021 Ribelle RS

Demoni

• Global Moderator
  • Energica Service Manager
    • View Profile
    • Energica
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 01:36:19 AM »

As SBK mentioned it is likley due to the throttle unit of the motorcycle. As there are no physical cables impact or other factors can cause the unit to not function properly.

Regardless of the reason a new throttle unit should fix the issue. PM me your address and I can get a new unit shipped out to you.

Chris

tpproberts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 10:58:41 PM »

Exact same symptoms happened to me - like a clock expired - one day good - next day bad.  Watching the green bar jump all over at 90mph was very disturbing

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 04:42:35 AM »

As I understand it this was an issue with the Domino potentiometers in the 2019 and older bikes. For 2020 they switched to hall effect sensors, but unfortunately the new throttles aren't backwards compatible.

tpproberts

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2021, 08:31:31 AM »

Energica is shipping me a new Domino throttle.

UPDATE: I installed the replacement throttle by removing the “tank” side covers, knee guard, and lighted logo center section to expose the wiring harness.  Five nylon wire ties later I reversed the disassembly and was back on the road.  Easy-peasy.

Based upon the lubricant (grease) squirting out, the throttle sent to me was refurbished and they have asked me to return my old core to them. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 03:34:38 AM by tpproberts »
Pages: [1]