• April 28, 2024, 10:42:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: FXS Charge cable re-routing  (Read 335 times)

domingo3

• View Profile
FXS Charge cable re-routing
« on: April 10, 2019, 05:15:19 PM »

I got a short extension cord to change how I plug in my FXS.  I know it's not a big deal, but it's always felt like a hassle to feel around or bend over and look up to see where the port plug is, pull it out, and plug in the cord.  The next morning, I would pull out the cord and bend over to put the port plug back in.  If I was feeling thorough, I would unplug from the wall first before plugging/unplugging the bike to avoid any possible arcing.  Once in a while, I'd notice the port plug was out after a ride.  Either I forgot to put it in, or didn't put it in straight and it fell out. To avoid all this, I am using a 2 foot C14-C13 cord.  Now I can plug in standing and looking down.  I also don't worry about unplugging from the wall first, since I can more easily replace the 2 foot cord than the charge port. 

It's still mostly a two handed operation since the female end of the cord just kind of sticks out from under the seat.  I'd like to figure out a good location that I can anchor it down and plug in one handed.  For me, it's the little things in life.

2016 Zero FXS 2018 Zero FXS 2016 SR

Say10 15FX 16FXS

• View Profile
Re: FXS Charge cable re-routing
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 07:25:10 PM »

I’ve never had the port plug fall out from riding but have forgotten to put it in on several occasions. I also hated fumbling around for the socket so I got some cheap keychain LED flashlight  you push to turn on. Taped to my charge cord so I can see the hole.

flattetyre

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 02:45:24 AM »

If you bother to use the socket for very long you will learn where it is well enough to do everything by touch without fumbling.

domingo3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 02:53:58 AM »

If you bother to use the socket for very long you will learn where it is well enough to do everything by touch without fumbling.

I've ridden and plugged in almost daily since July 2016, and it's always been a bother for me.  To each their own.
2016 Zero FXS 2018 Zero FXS 2016 SR
Pages: [1]