• April 29, 2024, 01:43:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: charge tank and accessory wiring ??  (Read 358 times)

gyrocyclist

• Zero. Because motorcycles should be seen and not heard.
    • View Profile
charge tank and accessory wiring ??
« on: April 14, 2019, 05:56:09 AM »

Hi, I recently got a 2018 SR with charge tank (replacement for 2016 SR without charge tank).  On the 2016 I removed the tank plastic to better access the aux connections that are needed  for use with my heated gear. My questions are, how do I easily get at these connections with the charge tank installed? Is it even possible to remove the tank plastics? (hm, why do I have a feeling someone will direct me to a section in the unofficial manual that I've overlooked ...)

BTW, I'm really enjoying the 2018. Biggest changes I've noticed are -- it's louder (negative). Though the battery is only ~10% larger than the 2016, I seem to be getting something like 20% greater range (positive)
2018 SR
2016 Honda CB500X
2022 BMW F900XR

alko

• View Profile
Re: charge tank and accessory wiring ??
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 06:13:53 AM »

Hi, I recently got a 2018 SR with charge tank (replacement for 2016 SR without charge tank).  On the 2016 I removed the tank plastic to better access the aux connections that are needed  for use with my heated gear. My questions are, how do I easily get at these connections with the charge tank installed? Is it even possible to remove the tank plastics? (hm, why do I have a feeling someone will direct me to a section in the unofficial manual that I've overlooked ...)

BTW, I'm really enjoying the 2018. Biggest changes I've noticed are -- it's louder (negative). Though the battery is only ~10% larger than the 2016, I seem to be getting something like 20% greater range (positive)

It shouldn't be louder. Check the belt tension. Seems they sometimes come too tight from Zero which van cause a groaning sound.

gyrocyclist

• Zero. Because motorcycles should be seen and not heard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 05:39:21 AM »

I checked the tension with both the Carbon Drive app and the mechanical thingy. Both showed tension a spot-on, near the middle of the recommended range. So I think that the wider 2018 belt is louder than the narrower 2016 belt.

But, I'd really like to get info as to how best access the aux sockets.
2018 SR
2016 Honda CB500X
2022 BMW F900XR

tyzbit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 06:58:44 PM »

(hm, why do I have a feeling someone will direct me to a section in the unofficial manual that I've overlooked ...)

Today, I am that someone lol.

https://zeromanual.com/wiki/Common_Modifications#12V_Accessory_Power

I don't have much experience with what you're trying to do, so hopefully this is what you're looking for.  And best of luck, I think in a few thousand miles I might be right there with you trying to make the same modification to my SR + Charge Tank.
2018 Zero SR + Charge Tank, TeslaTap
Pages: [1]