• April 29, 2024, 10:57:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Survey says...  (Read 993 times)

domingo3

• View Profile
Re: Survey says...
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2019, 06:44:31 PM »

Asking current Zero owners is not going to help them design a new vehicle that would grow the EV market.

Existing customer satisfaction reflects on the company's ability to grow customer base. If the existing customers are extremely happy with the products they own, then Zero may choose to invest into marketing instead of building a new generation platform. And vice versa.

Too bad they didn't ask anything about customer service.  I like Zero's bikes and I tell people that, but I also feel obligated to tell them about how bad things can go when there's an issue.
2016 Zero FXS 2018 Zero FXS 2016 SR

Jarrett

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2019, 07:33:31 PM »

I felt like the survey was slanted towards questions that would be answered positively and shied away from potential negatives making the outcome of the survey to appear more positive than it might have otherwise.  I imagine the results will be used in some board meeting to pat everyone on the back. 

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2019, 07:57:37 PM »

I felt like the survey was slanted towards questions that would be answered positively and shied away from potential negatives making the outcome of the survey to appear more positive than it might have otherwise.  I imagine the results will be used in some board meeting to pat everyone on the back.

Sounds about right to me.  A feel-good survey.  ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2019, 08:02:37 PM »

Asking current Zero owners is not going to help them design a new vehicle that would grow the EV market.

Existing customer satisfaction reflects on the company's ability to grow customer base. If the existing customers are extremely happy with the products they own, then Zero may choose to invest into marketing instead of building a new generation platform. And vice versa.

I am not convinced of that. Having talked with current ICE owners who have never owned an electric motorcycle, their desires are different than current electric motorcycle owners.  Mostly I hear about wanting more highway speed range.  I have a friend who tells me that he would be interested in buying an electric motorcycle if it could travel for over 200 miles at 75 mph - and cost less than a BMW.  :o  Plus, there still are a lot of "haters" out there that could use a little more education.  ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

pacificcricket

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2019, 09:18:58 PM »

I am not convinced of that. Having talked with current ICE owners who have never owned an electric motorcycle, their desires are different than current electric motorcycle owners.  Mostly I hear about wanting more highway speed range.  I have a friend who tells me that he would be interested in buying an electric motorcycle if it could travel for over 200 miles at 75 mph - and cost less than a BMW.  :o  Plus, there still are a lot of "haters" out there that could use a little more education.  ;)

Haters gonna hate :D I would also like to have a 200 mile range at such speed, but as an engineer I understand that isn't really possible with the cells we currently have. Having a range of 100miles at 75MPH is achievable though, along with fast DC charging. So targeting the dreamers right now isn't an option, especially since Zero isn't the one driving the cell technology forward.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2019, 04:53:19 AM »

Haters gonna hate :D I would also like to have a 200 mile range at such speed, but as an engineer I understand that isn't really possible with the cells we currently have. Having a range of 100miles at 75MPH is achievable though, along with fast DC charging. So targeting the dreamers right now isn't an option, especially since Zero isn't the one driving the cell technology forward.

And from what I have read lately, Tesla is having their problems with the Gigafactory's output, too.  I think we may be in a little bit of an EV market dip right now.  ???

pacificcricket

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2019, 05:28:53 AM »

And from what I have read lately, Tesla is having their problems with the Gigafactory's output, too.  I think we may be in a little bit of an EV market dip right now.  ???

What I was talking about isn't quantity, but density. Tesla's primary objectives are cost reduction and volume of production, not density of the cells. Tesla has already achieved quite practical application of the existing cells so to them increase in density would be nice, but not a necessity. For a motorcycle though, density increase is what is needed to achieve 200 mile range since size and weight matter quite a bit more than in case of an electric car.

Otherwise I wouldn't worry about Tesla. There is a lot of controversial coverage about their operation, but they have a solid market and superior products.

heroto

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2019, 06:08:00 AM »

domingo3 is spot on. Zero has good to great product, but crap customer support and crap dealer support. I don't know if they made a calculated  business decision to give a big FU to their customers with issues and to our local dealers, or if the status quo is due to tone deaf ineptness on their part. I'll bet the S in my garage it's the former: they will accept the collateral damage caused by crap customer and dealer support  in order to maximize their role as leaders in e-motos, with future buyers propping them up, even if that angers current and short term prospective buyers, forever. A risky move. This owner does not regard that as a smart long term strategy.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 06:19:29 AM by heroto »

dukecola

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2019, 06:53:12 AM »

I answered. More range!  Also considering a Harley and T-Cruse.
Pages: 1 [2]