• April 28, 2024, 12:39:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SR/F vs GSXs 750  (Read 1178 times)

giacomo

• View Profile
Re: SR/F vs GSXs 750
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2019, 09:31:06 PM »

Unfortunately I didn't watch the video until after I test rode the SR/F so I never checked if the bike would free roll when switched off. Can anyone confirm if current SR's/DSR's will lock the wheels when switched off? It's not a deal breaker for me but something I now know I need to to take into account when parking the SR/F.

SR/DSR/FX do not look the wheel when you turn them off. You can buy this little cheap tool to lock it (from Zero or online):

https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_4&products_id=205

Giacomo

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2019, 09:52:08 PM »

There is that little gadget and also a $600 parking brake option from Zero.
But I don't know for sure with the SRF.
I run a cable lock through my riding jacket sleeve and through the rear sprocket to keep others from rolling it too easily.

alko

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2019, 11:46:01 PM »

No Parking brake on Zeros, but all you need is Velcro tape to wrap around the brake lever.

Jarrett

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2019, 12:04:51 AM »

No bike I own (neither Honda DCT or Zero) can be put into gear when turned off, but so far none have rolled away on me :)

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2019, 01:07:09 AM »

No bike I own (neither Honda DCT or Zero) can be put into gear when turned off, but so far none have rolled away on me :)

Me, neither....because if there's any grade, I always make sure to park with my front wheel higher than rear. Not only does it make the bike more stable on the kickstand, it means I either back in or out of the spot downhill. It never ceases to amaze me when I go riding with my group and half the riders don't even consider the slope of the pavement when they pull into a parking space.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2019, 01:14:10 AM »

SR/DSR/FX do not look the wheel when you turn them off. You can buy this little cheap tool to lock it (from Zero or online):

https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_4&products_id=205

Giacomo

Thanks for the link...I've bookmarked it for when I take delivery of my SR/F. I'll pick it up (or order it) when I get my bike from the dealer...whenever that may be. ;)
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited
Pages: 1 [2]