• April 29, 2024, 08:31:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Comparing '17 Eva to SR/F and having to make a decision...  (Read 2366 times)

reini

• View Profile
Re: Comparing '17 Eva to SR/F and having to make a decision...
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2019, 12:48:44 AM »

Austria has a very good network indeed. Along the main routes they have lots of CCS. But in the side valleys it looks a bit different. Out of experience I know that these CCS chargers are sometimes out of service. And if you have only one charger every 100km it could get a bit tight with the range. At the moment you still do have a bigger choice with AC stations. So: no offence!
None taken!  :) 150km range would be optimal for the current charging network. Let's hope for Energica to put the MotoGPe batteries in the 2020 bikes...
Energica SS9+

zugvogel

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2019, 05:14:40 AM »

I’ll head up to my dealer tomorrow (Hollywood Electric) and see if I can get this cleared up.
It would be madness if the two chargers were not capable of supporting our prevalent charging infrastructure here in California - for cryin’ out... the bike is built here! ;D

I’ll report back.

I just got back from the dealer - and they confirmed that in the US (EU/Mennekes operates differently) the standard J-1772 chargers mostly operate on 7kW (only rarely more) and the SR/F premium can indeed charge with the full 6.6kW. So all is good here in the US for prospect Premium owners :-)
...loving my Eva

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2019, 07:15:41 AM »

I’ll head up to my dealer tomorrow (Hollywood Electric) and see if I can get this cleared up.
It would be madness if the two chargers were not capable of supporting our prevalent charging infrastructure here in California - for cryin’ out... the bike is built here! ;D

I’ll report back.

I just got back from the dealer - and they confirmed that in the US (EU/Mennekes operates differently) the standard J-1772 chargers mostly operate on 7kW (only rarely more) and the SR/F premium can indeed charge with the full 6.6kW. So all is good here in the US for prospect Premium owners :-)

That's great news! Thanks for clarifying. 

It's beyond me why the two on-board chargers are configured differently for EU bikes. Why not wire up both on-board chargers to phase 1 as they do in the US? The charge tank could then be wired up to phase 2 and phase 3 could just go unused.  If anyone knows the answer, I'd be most grateful to hear it.  All of these differences just create confusion.  It would be much simpler if we just had one worldwide standard for charging.

Oh, I think I've just worked this out...  Apparently 10kW, 3 phase charging posts are quite common on the European continent.  That means each phase only supplies 3.3kW.  Therefore, my suggestion would mean that a premium SRF would only charge at 3kW from a 10kW post.  So Zero choose to hobble us here in the UK in favour of our continental friends.  There's a whiff of Brexit about all of this! [emoji23]

remmie

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2019, 11:43:55 PM »

Yes, you did figure it out Bonkers :)

Most of the chargers in Europe are 11kW (16A, 230V, 3phase) where each phase can only supply 3.6 kW or they are 22kW (3 phase 32A per phase)
Much rarer are the fast chargers of 43kW (63 Amps, 3 phase).

It is different in every country though. In the Netherlands the vast majority is of the 3 phase 16A kind (11 kW)
3 phase 32A chargers (22 kW) are far less common (about 1:10) but still you would find at least a few 22kW in every city.

Germany and france are different as most of the chargers there are 22kW chargers (3 phase 32A)

Apparantly the UK uses more single phase 32A stations (7.2 kW) and then it would make more sense to put both 3kW chargers of the SR/F on the same phase 1.

So to recap.
An SR/F premium with charge tank on a 3 phase station would get around 9kW on a 11kW charger and the full 12 kW on a 22kW or 43kW station.
It would get only 3kW on a single phase charger, whether the charger is 3.6 kW or 7.2kW. So it's best to avoid those.

Not so nice if you live in a country that has a lot of single phase chargers :(
Current : Red Premium Zero SR/F (ordered May 25, delivered August 23 2019) with Rapid charger for 12kW charging
Former : White Zero SR 2018 ZF14.4 kWh (17.500 km)
Former : Black Zero SR 2014 ZF11.4 kWh (25.000 km)
SR's outfitted with Homemade "Supercharger" 6x eltek Flatpack S (12 kW)

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
    • Miller's Premium Brand Electrons : YouTube
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2019, 04:27:20 AM »

I have not ridden the SR/F so I can not give my own oppinion, but everyone I have let ride the Energica EVA we have says it is a lot more powerful than the SR/F. I personally do not know as I have not ridden the SR/F, but I do trust my friends. Also, the 20 min DC charge is a game changer.

Pages: 1 2 [3]