• April 28, 2024, 02:00:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 3D printed parts discussion  (Read 1485 times)

Michael Moore

• View Profile
Re: 3D printed parts discussion
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2019, 09:20:15 AM »

DonTom, a friend of mine in Sacto has a Leaf which works for about 95% of his daily driving (but he only has ICE motos) and he said that when it is time to go to Reno to see his grandkids, the ICE car gets gassed up, the Leaf just doesn't work .  I see he's not the only one with a range issue for that trip.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2019, 10:42:16 AM »

DonTom, a friend of mine in Sacto has a Leaf which works for about 95% of his daily driving (but he only has ICE motos) and he said that when it is time to go to Reno to see his grandkids, the ICE car gets gassed up, the Leaf just doesn't work .  I see he's not the only one with a range issue for that trip.
My Tesla range is accurate even on the freeway at legal speed limits. I could easily go from Reno to Sacramento AND perhaps make it all the way back on a single charge. But ~280 miles would be cutting it close because of the hills and such. My range is supposed to be 310 miles and is fairly accurate in most conditions.

If he doesn't mind waiting there are MANY places to recharge between Sacramento and Reno. Auburn, Colfax,  the Shell gas station at Cisco Grove ($3.00 but Boreal is free and just a few more miles--but sometimes the gate is closed--not an issue for E-MC's  to go around the gate) and also Truckee as well as Reno.

I would think the leaf should work fine for getting to Reno. I have taken my SR  with Power Tank from Auburn to here in Reno, but I did recharge at the summit. But I could have made it one a single charge as I was at around 50% SOC at the summit and it's all downhill from there. 99 miles total, but lots of hills and faster speeds. I also rode  it back to Auburn. I took a couple of Zero quick chargers with me, one in each saddlebag with all the required cables.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

pacificcricket

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2019, 11:31:55 AM »

Pattern is very close now, good enough to make the actual insert.

Pages: 1 2 [3]