• April 28, 2024, 09:26:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Do the SR/F being delivered these days still have the tank cubby lid gap?  (Read 1514 times)

NetPro

• View Profile

When you get a power tank, it should look great.

That's what I was thinking until I read somewhere  that either the extra charger or battery pack go inside the current tank. If this is true, no chance of fixing this when the power  tank comes out, whenever that is.

Perhaps Zero can confirm if is true that a power tank comes with a right-fitting lid.
2020 Zero SR/F

gstrub

• View Profile

I had sent an email to both Jeff Jolin  and Aaron Cheatham at Zero with a photo of my tank and the photo of the gapless bike from their webpage. Here is the response:

“Hi Graham,

You are not pestering us.  Always happy to get your emails.

I believe the image provided is an artist rendering.  In the end, the response I can provide is the same as before. The tank trunk reflects the current limitation of the spring design that enables proper opening of it.  I believe this design reflects the same look in all the production motorcycles.  Unfortunately, I don’t have anything to offer that is different.”

So I don’t know where the info is coming from that they are working to fix this, but for now I think we just need to accept it:)

TireFryer426

• View Profile

I had my tank apart, and there really isn't a great way to perform a DIY fix on this either.  There isn't an easy way to shim the pivot points down or anything.

Naked

• View Profile

I had my tank apart, and there really isn't a great way to perform a DIY fix on this either.  There isn't an easy way to shim the pivot points down or anything.

Would you mind doing a walk through on how to remove the tank?
I intend to remove it, and have it painted shortly after mine arrives.
2020 Blue SR/F Premium
2012 Triumph Street Triple R

NetPro

• View Profile

Would you mind doing a walk through on how to remove the tank?
I intend to remove it, and have it painted shortly after mine arrives.

It is quite easy to remove it.
Remove 2 screws near the ignition key switch (these are facing up)
Remove 2 similar screws from the other end of the tank (inside the compartment where the charging connector is) also facing up.
Then on each side of those "spikes" pointing down and towards the bike's back, you'll see 2 smaller screws on each side. You only need to remove one, you can feel which one is the one holding the part to the frame by running your finger around it.

That is all it takes to remove it from the bike. Now, to take it apart further, you'll need to remove a bunch of small screws from the inside but they will be obvious when you take a look there.
2020 Zero SR/F

Naked

• View Profile

Great, thank you!
2020 Blue SR/F Premium
2012 Triumph Street Triple R
Pages: 1 [2]