• April 29, 2024, 06:58:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: used my FX as a dirt bike  (Read 1012 times)

ChxCH

• View Profile
Re: used my FX as a dirt bike
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2019, 10:44:14 PM »

The Freeride will dry the 5.5 liters tank before 100km on the road.
But when offroad, it's much more nimble than the top heavy FX (7.2 brick).

I love them both, but the Zero is my daily and the KTM a WE toy :)

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2019, 11:28:44 PM »

What's the range on the Freeride versus the FX?

Which battery do you have in your FX?

His freeride is a four stroke 350cc see he put the capacity in post above for the stock tank, it is smaller than the 250 two stroke variant.  None of the freeride models seem imported currently.

My freeride E I say gets between 10 and 15 miles on the 2.6kwh battery.  I have never put a larger sprocket and road tires on it and see what it gets.  That is nominal voltage times amp hours.   The 2018 and replacement batteries are half again as much I guess 3.9.   2017 is the only freeride-E imported here.  The charger draws 10 amps at 250 volts in standard and 13 amps on fast so it isn't too hard to find a few chores to do and have a mostly charged up battery if  your riding area has a dryer or welder or stove, or motorhome plug.  Hauler needed.  The newer battery has been quoted to me at around $4000 not sure what sort of sponsorship or discount deal they might actually offer.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 11:34:44 PM by Fran K »

bergercurtis

• Motorcycle junkie, new to EV
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2019, 05:10:43 AM »

Not sure if it's the same on a 2017 and 2019, but for the '19MY you hold the mode and adjust button (with kickstand down, ignition switch off) you can disable ABS. Worth it for off-roading. It resets with a key cycle. ABS will flash and then disable.
-Curtis
2020 Zero SR/F Premium Seabright Blue
Licensed Zero Dealer in Colorado Springs

Jarrett

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2019, 06:17:06 AM »

Ah, I misunderstood.  I thought he had the electric KTM as well.

Thanks for the info.

Calidave

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2019, 11:56:55 PM »

Sweet sweet trail, thanks for posting. An FYI for those who may be considering a multisport, got an email from Zero that the 2020 DS reveal should be happening mid-September.

GoThere@50

• Old, but still off-road able.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2019, 07:28:58 PM »

I don't want to hijack this great thread but these comments were of interest:
Bergercurtis   â€œLicensed Zero Dealer in Colorado Springs”  Pikes Peak Motorsports? This would be 120 miles closer to my location (still 130 miles away).
Calidave   â€œAn FYI for those who may be considering a multisport, got an email from Zero that the 2020 DS reveal should be happening mid-September.”
I've signed up for Zero's newsletter but have yet to hear anything about the 2020 DS/FX models. I will definitely be watching. Thanks for the Information.
He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery. -Harold Wilson

bergercurtis

• Motorcycle junkie, new to EV
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2019, 10:19:36 PM »

I don't want to hijack this great thread but these comments were of interest:
Bergercurtis   â€œLicensed Zero Dealer in Colorado Springs”  Pikes Peak Motorsports? This would be 120 miles closer to my location (still 130 miles away).
Calidave   â€œAn FYI for those who may be considering a multisport, got an email from Zero that the 2020 DS reveal should be happening mid-September.”
I've signed up for Zero's newsletter but have yet to hear anything about the 2020 DS/FX models. I will definitely be watching. Thanks for the Information.

You got it! New to all of us here but I'm very excited for this undertaking. It makes perfect sense for commuting in the city. Feel free to PM me if you need anything as to not spam this thread.
-Curtis
2020 Zero SR/F Premium Seabright Blue
Licensed Zero Dealer in Colorado Springs
Pages: 1 [2]