• April 27, 2024, 12:18:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: What's going on with the "Zero" throttles?  (Read 433 times)

AutoE

• View Profile
What's going on with the "Zero" throttles?
« on: August 07, 2020, 03:41:52 PM »

We've been told to look at throttle replacement, with a non-Zero throttle, especially on some problem plagued 2014/15 models. Appreciate any insights as Zero is not "talking".

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: What's going on with the "Zero" throttles?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 05:33:49 PM »

I have a 13 with about 37k miles working fine.

If I remember correctly some people went with Domino (I think) throttles as they felt they were more crisp and responsive, and maybe cheaper.
But mostly after crashes or drops.  A few OEM throttles went bad but not a huge rash of failures.

AutoE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 05:56:37 PM »

no we're hearing about a more widespread issue with thottle faults that has lead Zero to recommend another throttle be used.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 06:25:37 PM »

Ok well news to me.

Has it hit recall status yet?

rayivers

• electric feels so right
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 07:27:11 PM »

Here's an old thread about Domino throttle replacement (2014 FX).
'14 Zero FX 5.7 (now 2.8, MX), '14 Zero FX 2.8 (street), '19 Alta MXR, '18 Alta MXR, various '74 - '08 ICE dirt bikes

Auriga

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 09:41:54 PM »

no we're hearing about a more widespread issue with thottle faults that has lead Zero to recommend another throttle be used.

Zero has not recommended replacement of any throttles on older model vehicles. And they certainly wouldn't tell an ex-distributor first instead of a current dealer.

You can replace the older potentiometer based throttles with a Domino one. Some people suggest it may have better longevity/waterproofing.

AutoE

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2020, 02:30:33 AM »

Zero has not recommended replacement of any throttles on older model vehicles. And they certainly wouldn't tell an ex-distributor first instead of a current dealer.

You can replace the older potentiometer based throttles with a Domino one. Some people suggest it may have better longevity/waterproofing.
Believe me when I say there is plenty that Zero will never tell a dealer. Servicing vehicles with over 6M km there is much we've learned. When our reports are routinely the center of engineering discussions is inevitable that much is also leaked or erroneously shared.
Pages: [1]