• April 29, 2024, 03:22:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 2017 fxs - cold weather performance  (Read 2633 times)

valnar

• View Profile
Re: 2017 fxs - cold weather performance - poor warranty support
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2019, 08:39:44 PM »

I dont know if i happened to mention what the issue was. A dead battery and bent pin whee it plugs in so Zero approved replacing battery and replacing wiring harness. Unfortunately those two simple items are to much for the dealer or Zero to manage. It is now about 8 months and still no bike.

I would be calling every other day.  What's the worst that can happen if you annoy them?
Zero FXS 2020

belac

• View Profile
Re: 2017 fxs - cold weather performance
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2019, 03:02:10 PM »

Thought i would post an update.

The dealer went out of business,  saw it on the news and about shit myself. I wasn't  able to reach anyone to find out how to get my bike back. Luckily Zero did something  right, they contacted me to let me know they had recovered the bike and scheduled a time to drop it off at my house. I am glad they were able to step in and get my bike back.

The battery and wiring harness were replaced. As I suspected the dealer did not store it properly,  the plastics are now ridiculously faded, they looked practically  brand new when i dropped it off. The battery got down to 20 something  percent,  Zero says its fine. The dealer also somehow broke loose my heated grip on the throttle  side. It would just spin, had to improvise  with a cable tie until i can take it off and re-glue it. The A box on the lcd which i think is a trip odometer just says "error 0000". It seems to run ok, been commuting  since i got it back (they dropped it off in Sept.).

In my attempts to get the bike back before i heard they went out of business i had filed a lemon law complaint outlining the gross incompetence  and said i was open to negotiating but i also asked for a replacement  or refund as described in the state law. Zero responsed a number of  weeks later and tried to say the delay was my fault and basically told me to pound sand.  To say i was disappointed and frankly pissed off that they had the gall to try to blame me would be  an understatement.

I was excited about the srf as it looks like it would be a good bike but i would essentially  be saying this company's  behavior is acceptable by purchasing  any more of their products.  What do you guys think?

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2019, 09:14:52 PM »

All I can say is that I have never had a problem with the three Zero's that I have owned during the past 7 years, although I will admit that Zero's customer service was quite impressive back (at least for me) in 2012 when they were selling just a few hundred bikes, instead of the thousands that they are now.  The secret to getting good service now is to find an enthusiastic Zero dealer who knows what they are doing and has a good relationship with the factory engineers.  The best approach might be to talk to the technicians in the service department and ask their opinion of the brand and take what you hear from the sales staff with a grain of salt.  ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Auriga

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2019, 11:54:52 PM »

So let me get this straight. Your let your bike sit at the dealer for 8 months, until the dealer went out business.

Then, unprompted by you, Zero recovered your bike from the defunct dealer and returned it to you, and the repair was done?

Does that mean they did the repair and then didn't inform you? Or you didn't pick it up? Faded plastics means that it sat outside for most of that time. There's no way I'd let my bike sit at the dealer for 8 months, I'd pull it out after two at the most. Zero's dealers are independently managed and owned, and quality can vary.

I'm not terribly surprised Zero did not want to replace or refund your bike. It sounds like they may have done the repair in a reasonable time frame. I've seen Zero bend over backwards recently to help owners, but I've also seen them take a harder line against shenanigans and dealer issues. It doesn't sound like we have the full story here.

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2019, 12:15:30 AM »

Maybe the bent pin ruined the battery. It sounds like it was one simple issue with the bike. That's not a lemon law thing -- it's not a vehicle with persistent gremlins. Just a terrible dealer, a dealer who can't fix very simple things and would set someone's bike out in the weather indefinitely.

But I can't believe you let it go 8 months!

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2019, 03:47:37 AM »

Yeah, I'm on first-name-they-know-my-phone-number-by-sight with the dealer who fixed my firmware & signal relay.  I was calling them at least every week, sometimes twice.  I showed up at the door twice, too.

And they only had my bike for a little over two weeks for the first one, and the second one I kept the bike waiting for the part.  (Boy I'm getting good at one-handed turns with all that hand-signaling, tho.  I hadta train myself to start using the indicators again!)

Still, a dealer that had a bike and wouldn't fix it?  Ye-uck.  Good on Zero for finally finding you.  This is why it's important to register your vin with the manufacturer.  They'll be contacted in any case that the bike shows up stolen, broken, misplaced, etc; the state registration isn't always the easiest way to contact the owner, and it can be lost or obfuscated.

Lemon laws can be used against dealers, not just manufacturers.  They're the first line of recourse when a dealer doesn't make it right.  But what they apply to varies by state, of course. :/

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5
Pages: 1 2 [3]