• April 27, 2024, 02:48:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Floorboards Zero S  (Read 367 times)

Flybuddy

• View Profile
Floorboards Zero S
« on: May 22, 2021, 10:56:59 PM »

I had bought a cheap set of Floorboards and adapted to fit my City Slicker and it turned out to be decent mod and much more comfortable. Got another set to tinker with on the Zero and just finished mounting them. The mounting was a bit tricky and took some drilling, tapping and additional hardware (on the boards, not on the Zero or the pegs). Got them a bit more forward and lower (they do pivot up if needed in a turn). Will test out later today. Can get the pegs back on easily if I don't like them. Still have the SR/S pegs on order also.

ADVENTURESonZERO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Floorboards Zero S
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 12:41:58 AM »

That’s pretty cool! Really comfy looking

Flybuddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 02:05:50 AM »

Did a test ride and is more comfortable while riding. The negatives were:
1) need wider stance when moving bike with your feet
2) difficulty fully engaging rear brake pedal
I solved the brake pedal issue by adding a small aluminum angle to both raise the pedal and extend it further out. Test rode and it works fine.

mdjak1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 02:54:49 AM »

Looks a little weird but I guess if it works for you then have at it.  My concern would be dragging it on the pavement during a hard turn. 

Flybuddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2021, 04:01:55 AM »

Looks a little weird but I guess if it works for you then have at it.  My concern would be dragging it on the pavement during a hard turn.

Agree with you on the looks. Hoping it will look more natural after I've added windshield, rack/trunk and side bags which are all on order. The boards do pivot up but not sure how that will work with the way they are angled.

victor6.7y

• ^.^
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 12:18:36 PM »

Cool mod!

I have never used floor boards.
Won't you slip off after a while since your shoes are hanging behind a sort of bar?
- 2019 Zero S 14.4
- 2000 Honda VTR 1000F

Flybuddy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2021, 08:32:36 PM »

Cool mod!

I have never used floor boards.
Won't you slip off after a while since your shoes are hanging behind a sort of bar?

Your entire foot sits on the rubber part of the floorboard and it's unlikely to slip off as there's a wide range forward and back to rest your feet. This also alters your seating position. Takes a conscious effort to get foot off of board as you have to lift and move it quite a bit. On vibrating ICE bikes it's MUCH more comfortable over having the peg in your arch in the same small spot and your foot going numb on long trips. It's really a matter of preference. Most everything is a trade off.

mdjak1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2021, 08:38:40 PM »

Agree with you on the looks. Hoping it will look more natural after I've added windshield, rack/trunk and side bags which are all on order. The boards do pivot up but not sure how that will work with the way they are angled.

Windshield, trunk and side bags? Maybe you could get a solo seat, repaint it white and black, put some red and blue lights on it and make it a police model.   ;)

Flybuddy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2021, 12:42:33 AM »

Windshield, trunk and side bags? Maybe you could get a solo seat, repaint it white and black, put some red and blue lights on it and make it a police model.   ;)

That would just be another "cop out"  ::)
Pages: [1]