• April 29, 2024, 07:55:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SRF Bar riser  (Read 1843 times)

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
Re: SRF Bar riser
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2019, 05:34:32 AM »

Thanks a lot for the information remmie!
So you can confirm that all the cables and other stuff are long enough and you don't have to change any of them?

The cables just make it.  Just had to cut the tie wraps on the bars, I put new tie wraps back on, just the cables to keep them together.

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

cutedrake

• View Profile
    • My personal website
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 12:08:21 AM »

Could you give there the size of the screwdriver to work with? I think T40 is too small to remove the 4 screws of the top clamp.
Happy owner of a Zero SR/F

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2019, 06:04:58 AM »

Could you give there the size of the screwdriver to work with? I think T40 is too small to remove the 4 screws of the top clamp.

It's a T45.

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

heroto

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2019, 10:32:34 PM »

I used the shims for the bottom pieces,  I think I got that right
The OEM top clamp had to be screwed flush against the risers to hold the bar - hope that's OK. I don't think I over torqued.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 06:52:23 AM by heroto »

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2019, 10:48:34 PM »

The OEM top clamp had to be screwed flush against the risers to hold the bar - hope that's OK. I don't I over torqued.

I had a hard time getting the screws to line up with the stock bar clamp, but did manage to get it on.  I've got about 500 miles on the bike now with the riser, and it is a good change from my perspective.  I had been getting a little pain in my neck from looking up due to the tilt before the riser, and now that pain is gone.  Also less stress on my wrists/hands.  I'm going to stick with it.

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

remmie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2019, 07:46:22 PM »

The OEM top clamp had to be screwed flush against the risers to hold the bar - hope that's OK. I don't I over torqued.

I had a hard time getting the screws to line up with the stock bar clamp, but did manage to get it on.  I've got about 500 miles on the bike now with the riser, and it is a good change from my perspective.  I had been getting a little pain in my neck from looking up due to the tilt before the riser, and now that pain is gone.  Also less stress on my wrists/hands.  I'm going to stick with it.

Steve

Almost exactly my experience. With me it was not so much the neck pain but more on the wrist and the lower back. But with this rise it is spot on.
Others have reported issues with the higher pegs, but after getting used to it I can easily ride long trips without numb legs or painfull knees. Maybe I'll check out the tall seat somday but that would put (a bit) more strain back on the wrists again. Ah well, it's sort of perfect now so why mess with it :)

Current : Red Premium Zero SR/F (ordered May 25, delivered August 23 2019) with Rapid charger for 12kW charging
Former : White Zero SR 2018 ZF14.4 kWh (17.500 km)
Former : Black Zero SR 2014 ZF11.4 kWh (25.000 km)
SR's outfitted with Homemade "Supercharger" 6x eltek Flatpack S (12 kW)

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2019, 10:30:55 PM »

Steve

Almost exactly my experience. With me it was not so much the neck pain but more on the wrist and the lower back. But with this rise it is spot on.
Others have reported issues with the higher pegs, but after getting used to it I can easily ride long trips without numb legs or painfull knees. Maybe I'll check out the tall seat somday but that would put (a bit) more strain back on the wrists again. Ah well, it's sort of perfect now so why mess with it :)

Remmie, quick question.  One thing I've noticed is low speed steering is a little, well weird.  I guess due to the geometry change of having the bars off center from the forks.  Did you notice that as well?  It's not a big enough difference for me to bail, but it's a change.

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

remmie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2019, 06:36:33 PM »

I have always found low speed steering "a little weird" on any motorcycle :) :)

But do you mean U-turns and stuff ?

I guess it is just a matter of getting used to a new bike/setup. The geometry (as in rake and trail etc) didn't change but indeed the pivot point being off center.
I'm still loving the better position and guess I've already adjusted to it. 
Current : Red Premium Zero SR/F (ordered May 25, delivered August 23 2019) with Rapid charger for 12kW charging
Former : White Zero SR 2018 ZF14.4 kWh (17.500 km)
Former : Black Zero SR 2014 ZF11.4 kWh (25.000 km)
SR's outfitted with Homemade "Supercharger" 6x eltek Flatpack S (12 kW)

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2019, 03:13:17 AM »

I guess it is just a matter of getting used to a new bike/setup. The geometry (as in rake and trail etc) didn't change but indeed the pivot point being off center.

It sort of feels like the bike is fighting me a bit on low speed turns, like the bars are pushing back.  Nothing major, just something I noticed after the change.  High speed is fine, and I am certainly sticking with the riser!

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2019, 04:00:35 AM »

It sort of feels like the bike is fighting me a bit on low speed turns, like the bars are pushing back.  Nothing major, just something I noticed after the change.  High speed is fine, and I am certainly sticking with the riser!

Steve

Check your tire air pressures.  You can also get that feeling when the rear tire wears a flat spot in the center.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2019, 07:06:00 PM »

Steve

Check your tire air pressures.  You can also get that feeling when the rear tire wears a flat spot in the center.

Thanks Richard.  I need to do that, it's been a few weeks (air pressure).  I sure hope it's not a "chicken strip" already (3300 miles) :)  The way I ride, it could be...

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2019, 11:37:14 PM »

Richard, I took a close look at my rear tire in the work parking lot, there is a bit of a flat spot on the rear already (3300 miles).  I guess I have to try to find some more corners!

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL
Pages: 1 [2]