• April 28, 2024, 11:35:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: SR/F observations and questions  (Read 7024 times)

wavelet

• View Profile
Re: SR/F observations and questions
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2019, 04:51:46 AM »

I have been using a Velcro strip around my front brake lever for years to keep my Zero rolling down an incline.  Zero should really come up with a parking brake solution, as many inexpensive automatic scooters use.  ???
So the SR/F still doesn't have one of those standard, despite being a premium new bike & platform? Especially since such a parking brake would cost all of $2 in parts.

As for bungee loops / hairbands or that Zero yellow brake lever lock, maybe things have changed, but last I knew, it was a bad idea use something like this, since constant brake lever pressure for hours at a time (or days, if the bike is parked like this at home) over long periods could cause premature permanent deformation and failure of the brake system diaphragm.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2019, 06:15:13 AM »

I have been using a Velcro strip around my front brake lever for years to keep my Zero rolling down an incline.  Zero should really come up with a parking brake solution, as many inexpensive automatic scooters use.  ???
So the SR/F still doesn't have one of those standard, despite being a premium new bike & platform? Especially since such a parking brake would cost all of $2 in parts.

As for bungee loops / hairbands or that Zero yellow brake lever lock, maybe things have changed, but last I knew, it was a bad idea use something like this, since constant brake lever pressure for hours at a time (or days, if the bike is parked like this at home) over long periods could cause premature permanent deformation and failure of the brake system diaphragm.

I have used locking the front brake lever in place over night to help bleed the hydraulic system of small amounts of air.  Many other have done the same thing with good results.  However, if I needed to keep the bike from rolling when stored for a long period of time, I would block the wheels.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

sammieshull@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2019, 04:04:32 PM »

@TireFryer426 did you use a vinyl cutter for the tank? If so which one?

Sorry for being off topic.

I'm looking for a vinyl cutter get some styling jobs done. Any recommendations?

In the past few weeks I've been searching the net for the best solution and no luck
so far. I've read way too much hype and not enough good info.

I've found this blog. This machine comparison looked quite decent.
The only issue I've found was that it seemed too honest. Are these machines that loud?

Any pointers will be highly appreciated

TireFryer426

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2019, 10:35:42 PM »

I didn't use a vinyl cutter.  That might be fun to have, though.  Would be fun to add some shapes or graphics.

heroto

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 15, 2019, 09:18:24 AM »

Good thread to scan for SR/F info.
Anyone have direct experience with a real windshield? Please share.

vinceherman

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 15, 2019, 06:44:12 PM »

Good thread to scan for SR/F info.
Anyone have direct experience with a real windshield? Please share.

I mounted a universal windshield on my SR/F.
Read all about it here https://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=9354.0
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]