• April 25, 2024, 02:46:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Test-Ride SR/F Premium with 4000km - how much would you pay?  (Read 985 times)

enaef

• View Profile
Test-Ride SR/F Premium with 4000km - how much would you pay?
« on: November 30, 2019, 05:15:10 AM »

How much off would you expect being asked for an SR/F Premium with 4000km (test-ride bike)?

Any thoughts?  ;D
2019 Zero SR/F Premium & Rapid Charger

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
Re: Test-Ride SR/F Premium with 4000km - how much would you pay?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 06:01:56 AM »

That's a nicely ridden bike for only having been out for less than a year ^-^

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 08:03:22 AM »

That's quite a few miles for a demo bike for sure.
There is one for sale here on the forum in San Diego for 19k with less than 500 miles.

But for that demo bike I'd say 17.5k-18k range.

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2019, 12:50:48 PM »

Premium or standard version? Mine has 6k now since September using it 4 days week. Sounds like a lot for a demo bike. Is it a press bike?

Wouldn't expect more than a 10% discount.

Is a difficult second hand market. People buying a 20k bike won't mind paying 2k more or less for having a brand new one. Use that in your advantage and make a very good offer like 16k for standard or 18k for premium and walk away. If they don't get back to you toy can always get a new one.
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 10:06:28 PM »

The one for sale on here is a blue premium SRF, as is the one the OP is speaking of.

enaef

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2019, 11:30:46 PM »

As already mentioned in the subject and in the text: It's a Premium, a red one.

Has 2285 miles on it, or 3678 km. It has an elevated handlebar.

Offered for 18'750 Swiss Franks, at the moment that's the same amount in US $.

After what Hans2183 wrote I'm really thinking of buying it. I told the dealer that I'm a bit hesitant because of the new bikes that will come in a few months, based on the SR/F. He said that would only be regarding more colours, windshield and some fairing. Baisc technique would be the same. Well - actually I did'nt expect anything else.

Of course, the blue one at sale in the forum would be even more interesting. However, that's San Diego, not Switzerland ...

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 12:08:09 AM »

Yes, well the part about you being in Switzerland was left out of the OP and that was the most important part.
Anyone who is outside of the U.S market the value is truly what your willing to pay.  The market is too small to compare bike prices.

Good luck and remember the new bikes will always be nicer with more features but their price will go up.  The bike you buy today will go down in value but you will enjoy it during our all too short human lives.

enaef

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2019, 12:20:33 AM »

Anyone who is outside of the U.S market the value is truly what your willing to pay.  The market is too small to compare bike prices.

So you are saying that the U.S and the European marked can't be compared regarding payed prices? Can you explain a bit further?
I heard from a dealer that Zero last year has sold more bikes in Europe than in the States. I don't know if this is true, of course ...

« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 02:47:37 AM by enaef »

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2019, 01:23:36 AM »

I should have said the U.S market and the European market are too different to compare.  The very high gas prices make the electric bike much more desirable there than here where most bike riders still reject the top speed and range of electric motorcycles.  Europe has a much better number of charging stations over space than most of the U.S. outside of California.

At the moment there are 380 Zeros for sale new and used listed on Cycle Trader.  New SRF premium bikes go from $21495 to $19695 based on different dealers.  Even at $600 shipping cross country it's worth it pick up a cheaper one.
There is a standard SRF for $17495 close to me, new with 168 demo miles.

I assume it would be a lot of red tape to pick one up from say Spain or Germany.  That is what I based my "smaller market" statement on.
Bottom line the demo bike your looking at has high demo (likely press fleet) KMs.  The price isn't super high if there is a high demand for the bikes in Switzerland but only you can determine that.  Make an offer that you feel comfortable with, all they can say is no.

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2019, 05:48:08 AM »

Even here in California, our gas is only about €1/liter... But say in Texas it's €0.53/liter.

That will make prices not as comparible for electrics.  Also, our cities tend to be spread out... but there seems to be something universal about a 15-18 mile commute.

I second NEW2elec's advice about pricing:  Basically, while you can take a look at our prices, don't expect them to make much sense.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

enaef

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2019, 04:15:57 PM »

I can see, how gas price influences the demand of EVs and with this the price of these and of the bikes in the second hand market.

However, gas price is not the main issue for me. I did not own a motorcycle yet (not even a car although having a car driver licence) due to ecological reasons.
I did not want to burden nature with unnecessary exhaust an noise.

That is quite easily possible in Switzerland because of great public transportation, especially if one lives in a city, as I do. I do my commute by bicycle, train and foot and it takes me ~ 1 hour from door to door one way. I have usually 4 train connections per hour. My wife and I are member of a car sharing organisation with 3000 cars at 1500 points in Switzerland (41'000 square km) but haven't used it for more than 10 years now. We did not have a car even when we had two small children. Travelling with small children, especially for holidays was a bit complicated, but it was possible.

So - to ride a motorcycle just for fun was no option for me until now. My younger brother rides a cycle for fun for many years now, but with a growing bad ecologic conscience (why he has started to double-compensate CO2 emissions).

With more grown up electric cycles like the SR/F I decided to also start - yes and it is a heavy investment ....

enaef

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2019, 11:29:59 AM »

Ok then, I bought that thing ....

What I completely missed in our price discussion is: In Switzerland a new SR/F Premium costs 24'490 CHF (same amount in U.S $).
So, the asked price with 18'750 is 23.4% off.

With a starting price of 21'495 in the states that would be ~ 16'500. Therefore I think it was worth it ...

Now I have to wait until spring to start riding it ...

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2019, 12:02:47 PM »

Oh, yeah, I didn't get an electric for the gas price ^-^

That's a pretty good discount!

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2019, 07:28:08 PM »

Congrats on the purchase (and awesome deal). Enjoy it!
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

heroto

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2019, 11:47:23 AM »

Agree!!! Enjoy.
Pages: [1]