• April 25, 2024, 09:31:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: SR/F fault codes?? HELP!!  (Read 1360 times)

grinfactor06

• View Profile
SR/F fault codes?? HELP!!
« on: December 03, 2019, 05:43:57 PM »

Hey guys.
I'm new to zero's so please be patient with me...
I'm working on an SR/f with mutiple faults.
Before it came to me the 12v battery was replaced. Also at some point the charging pistol got stuck in the socket.
although the 12v battery was replaced when i got it, i measured the voltage and it showed 7.4v. iv had it on my lithium battery saving charger and tester. its now showing 13.4 volts but im not convinced its saved...
when i turn the ignition on the bike will die after a few mins.
I have updated the firmware on both the MBB and the BMS. v14 for both.
I'v pulled the logs which i will be sending to zero for turning into english!! its like the matrix!!!
the fault codes are as follows...
26, 28, 31, 34, 34.
the bike is unridable. there is the icon that shows the  kill switch in the kil position. i have tested the switch and its working fine.
any advice guys?
TIA

Crilly

• View Profile
Re: SR/F fault codes?? HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 07:21:36 PM »

It is the 12 volt battery or the dc dc charger.  What is the voltage at the battery when the bike is on.

You should never have to change the 12 volt battery.  Just turn on bike to charge 12 volt battery.

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 07:26:12 PM »

Did the pistol also lock with that new firmware? Cause I had a charge pistol stay locked unless I powerd the bike on and off multiple times with firmware version 13. With version 14 that was resolved. Now I always have to unlock the cable by switching the bike on.

Does the battery icon go out and do you hear a click on powering the bike on? In another case I initially got a code "43 isolation fault" on an attempt to charge and after that happened the bike could also not be armed anymore for a while and give me all kinds of 12V and DC-DC related errors. I think this was caused by water in the charge connection resulting the bike to go in a safe mode. The click on powering on didn't happen anymore and instead the battery and engine icon stayed on.
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 04:00:03 AM »

My SRF died on me.  I shut it off to charge it and when I connected the charger it would not power on.  I disconnected and then tried to start the bike.  It showed a 12 v failure, battery light and engine light.  It had a bunch of other faults (CANN communication, etc) but it always started with 12 v fault.  I had to truck it home.  I started by puling the 12 v battery and checking that, it was low.  So I put a full change on it and hoped that would be it.  No go.  It seemed to get worse the more time when on.  It would power on the computer at the beginning but after a day or so, it would power on the computer and lights and then shut everything off.  I had to truck it into dealer,  he started by checking fuses and electrical system. Finally somehow Zero determined it must be the BMS and is supposed to be sending a replacement.  It has been sitting in shop for about 3 weeks now.  So I am not sure if this is similar to you problem but I am not happy with my dead  3 month old bike.
Currently own: 
2020 Blue Zero SR/F Premium
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

grinfactor06

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 06:03:11 PM »

Thanks for the replies guys.
I think it must have been water ingress as after a night in our relatively warm workshop everything is as it should be.
v14 installed, no issues. I'm gonna test ride it over the next few days to make sure nothing comes back.
I'v silicone greased all the plugs i can find to hopefully stop any future water ingress.
cheers guys :thumbup

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 09:41:27 PM »

Good news but make sure to check it in rain also.

Mine was throwing these errors 2 weeks ago in pouring rain. The week after that I could use it again for little over 600 km. But then it started raining again and the errors came back.

After the weekend it's working again but I'll put it in the back of the van and bring it to the dealer tomorrow to have it checked. This way I can't use it in the rain. It will work when I start the ride since it's stored dry. But then goes into error state during the ride on a rainy day. And if I turn it off it doesn't arm again afterwards with these errors rendering it useless.
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

grinfactor06

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 10:15:11 PM »

Good news but make sure to check it in rain also.

Mine was throwing these errors 2 weeks ago in pouring rain. The week after that I could use it again for little over 600 km. But then it started raining again and the errors came back.

After the weekend it's working again but I'll put it in the back of the van and bring it to the dealer tomorrow to have it checked. This way I can't use it in the rain. It will work when I start the ride since it's stored dry. But then goes into error state during the ride on a rainy day. And if I turn it off it doesn't arm again afterwards with these errors rendering it useless.

I will do. thanks for the heads up.
Now i just need some rain. never thought id say that!!!
Pages: [1]