• April 29, 2024, 10:40:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Failure of on board charger  (Read 2096 times)

dannsky

• View Profile
Re: Failure of on board charger
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2023, 02:39:31 PM »

Did I understand correctly that in order to give the command to turn on the contactor, I must close the red and gray wires from the signal connector of the standard charger (OBC)? At the end of charging the battery, should I open these two wires again? Isn't it?
Not exactly. Do this in order:

1. Turn on key normally.

2. Short red to gray wires (such as with my switch).

3. Turn off key, remove key. Contactor will stay closed with key out. Charge light will blink even when NOT charging. Will also blink when you're charging. You can now charge with or without using the OBC.

4. When done charging, open the red to gray wires (back to normal). Put key in and ride away.

-Don-  Reno, NV
OK, I get it

dannsky

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2023, 03:05:45 PM »

Did I understand correctly that in order to give the command to turn on the contactor, I must close the red and gray wires from the signal connector of the standard charger (OBC)? At the end of charging the battery, should I open these two wires again? Isn't it?
Not exactly. Do this in order:

1. Turn on key normally.

2. Short red to gray wires (such as with my switch).

3. Turn off key, remove key. Contactor will stay closed with key out. Charge light will blink even when NOT charging. Will also blink when you're charging. You can now charge with or without using the OBC.

4. When done charging, open the red to gray wires (back to normal). Put key in and ride away.

-Don-  Reno, NV
Greetings! During balancing, the BMS board turns off the contactor and then turns it on again. Will the contactor disconnection and activation circuit work according to your instructions?

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2023, 08:30:54 PM »

Greetings! During balancing, the BMS board turns off the contactor and then turns it on again. Will the contactor disconnection and activation circuit work according to your instructions?
I never noticed the contactor going off and on again during a normal charge with or without the modification. But even if it does and you're concerned, you can always normal it up just before the end of the charge.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X