• March 29, 2024, 01:23:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New member-just traded my Ducati Supersport for Zero FX ZF7.2  (Read 623 times)

Mr. Bill

• View Profile
New member-just traded my Ducati Supersport for Zero FX ZF7.2
« on: December 19, 2019, 12:37:29 AM »

Hello Everyone. I am new to the e-bike world. I always promised myself that if I ever went back to street bikes, it would have to be a Ducati.  It has been a great bike, but after a year of ownership, I have decided it is better for my health to stick to the trails and dirt roads.  The Supersport is not made for either. After I bough the SS, I picked up a couple of Yamaha dual sports and was reminded why I like off road riding so much. I was also looking for something to ride in the trails of the Poconos.  A lot of people don’t like the noise of the off road vehicles, so I am hoping to pass silently and inoffensively through the woods with the logical choice, the FX.  I picked up a used 2019 with 450 miles for $6,500.  No tax due to the trade in, and the discounted price helped offset the beating I am taking on the trade in. If I like the FX as much as I hope, I will add the chain kit, bark busters and knobbie tires.  Cheers.

Say10 15FX 16FXS

• View Profile
Re: New member-just traded my Ducati Supersport for Zero FX ZF7.2
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 03:21:16 AM »

Welcome! You’re going to love it! Way too much fun!

Calidave

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 03:01:41 AM »

Yes, welcome. Much more street bike traffic (pun) on this site than FX/offroad; but agree with Say10 above, FX is a lot of fun. I've had a 2019 7.2 since August (first motorcycle ever) and am loving it as mtn bike replacement for dirt road cruising, and even a little dirt bike action up the ridge from my house. One potentially helpful stat: I appear to get 60-70 offroad miles at 10-30 mph with plenty of elevation changes. Also, I'm sticking with the 0-maintenance belt, but understand folks prefer chain for harder riding. Enjoy!

Mr. Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 06:17:38 AM »

Thanks for the responses. The off-road range is good to know. That should be plenty for me.  Calidave, are you running stock tires too?  Thanks.

Calidave

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 12:58:16 AM »

Hey, Mr. Bill. Good question. I am running Pirelli MT21 "RallyCross." Big hefty knobbies that are also street legal. Love 'em equally well on dirt and pavement (but will note that I limit my road experience to slow narrow / windy country roads). Cheers.

Mr. Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2019, 10:57:27 PM »

I did the trade in over the weekend.  I am astounded how much I like riding the Zero.  The MT21's are my first choice on tire change, but the stock tires are great for around town riding.  Decisions, decisions.

VampyreLegion

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2019, 11:39:25 AM »

I loved my Zero FX 7.2 so much I added the SR/F and now love both bikes equal.
Pages: [1]