• May 02, 2024, 03:20:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Newbie, be kind  (Read 314 times)

Morrist378

• View Profile
Newbie, be kind
« on: January 20, 2020, 11:50:55 PM »

Okay, newbie here. Just got a 2020 zero fx. First absolutely love it, but wanted to add some more lights. So adding denali pods on to front fork. Love the convenience of the accessory plug. And already have the summoto plug. But I will be first to admit I'm not a big electrical guy. I know basics but on a electric bike I dont want to cross something up. So my question the accesory plug has a blue wire and black wire going to it. I assume the blue is positive and black is ground but just want to confirm that! Thanks

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: Newbie, be kind
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 12:41:47 AM »

Okay, newbie here. Just got a 2020 zero fx. First absolutely love it, but wanted to add some more lights. So adding denali pods on to front fork. Love the convenience of the accessory plug. And already have the summoto plug. But I will be first to admit I'm not a big electrical guy. I know basics but on a electric bike I dont want to cross something up. So my question the accesory plug has a blue wire and black wire going to it. I assume the blue is positive and black is ground but just want to confirm that! Thanks
While I would assume the same, being into electronics most of my life, I have learned to not assume much of anything electrical.  If you have a cheap ohmmeter, you can test to be sure that the center bottom of the socket connects to the blue wire.

FWIW, I have seen black used for positive before in some things, such as in a buddy's RV for the DC house wiring..all of it. And I think it was that way from the factory. Perhaps they ran out of red wire. ;)

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Morrist378

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 02:15:13 AM »

That is exactly what I am afraid of, even though I am pretty sure, I am not going to assume anything!!

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 03:39:00 AM »

Stick a voltmeter on it.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 03:19:45 PM »

Yeah, never do electrical work without a multimeter.

Always check polarity and connectivity and grounding.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5
Pages: [1]