• April 28, 2024, 11:56:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dead SR/F?  (Read 3210 times)

Hans2183

• View Profile
Re: Dead SR/F?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2020, 09:28:59 PM »

Thanks @remmie that must be it indeed. They literally said behind the battery and several cables coming together.

Me and topic starter are clearly not alone, I see like 2 or even 3 others having the same issue?

Anyway if you are in the same boat I would ask for Zero HQ to order the part and then have it transported once they have it. In my case installation when quick it was just waiting for the part to arrive in the Netherlands. And I could still ride it as long as it was dry.
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

andrewcsp

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2020, 02:12:03 AM »

92 days later, yes "ninty two"! Zero have fixed and returned my bike. What an ordeal!

From what I understand, it was the spider bus, and it took an extremely long time as Zero didn't have the technical capability to repair the bike in the UK. I believe a technical centre has now been setup in the UK to avoid delays like this in future (which I hope to never need again!).

remmie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2020, 04:25:03 AM »

Good to hear you have the bike back.

I found a picture of the exposed spider bus on Facebook (not my bike fortunately :) )

It looks really intricate and I can imagine that it is not an easy job to replace it all
I can't really tell is the spiders bus is all the components in the picture or just a subset.
From what I can remember from the charge tank installation I seem to remember that the charge tank attaches to the 2 silver studs right in the center of the battery that are now empty (below the black disc with the blue smiley face sticker). I guess that is also the spot where the leads of the Powertank would go.

At the top I guess it is the contractor (with the black round disc on top)
Top right would be either the fuse or the current sensor or both
The current sensor could also be the blue bar on the top left with the white sticker on it (sensor wires on both sides of the blue bar)

From the charge tank install I also seem to remember that the wires coming from the chargers on top of the battery to this spider bus are not really covered from water entering the spider bus area other than only the tank and a cover plate to the rear of the spider bus.

I also remember wondering why the water trap outlet on the bottom of the charging port had no drain hose attached to it and it was kind of directly over the orange wires going into the spider bus area.
The spider bus looks pretty waterproofed but rain here in Europe can be really heavy. I keep thinking whether water running down the tank would be able to enter the charge port connector and then go via the charge connector drain port and drip directly down into the spider bus area.
Current : Red Premium Zero SR/F (ordered May 25, delivered August 23 2019) with Rapid charger for 12kW charging
Former : White Zero SR 2018 ZF14.4 kWh (17.500 km)
Former : Black Zero SR 2014 ZF11.4 kWh (25.000 km)
SR's outfitted with Homemade "Supercharger" 6x eltek Flatpack S (12 kW)

SkyYeti

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2020, 01:59:57 PM »

92 days later, yes "ninty two"! Zero have fixed and returned my bike. What an ordeal!

From what I understand, it was the spider bus, and it took an extremely long time as Zero didn't have the technical capability to repair the bike in the UK. I believe a technical centre has now been setup in the UK to avoid delays like this in future (which I hope to never need again!).

92 days! You've got the record so far I think ;)
My bike is at about 75ish days at the dealer now.. but I fear I'm going to have the dubious honour of beating your record.

My SpiderBus was replaced around day 50ish, however it was then noticed that my BMS was faulty, so that needed replacing. Once that was sorted they realised my entire battery pack was knackered and needed replacing.
So that's what I'm waiting for now.
Watching the interview with the Zero CEO that Brian posted the other day here https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=10109 it seems like Zero in California are pretty much shut down so I don't expect my bike back for at least another month yet (the batteries are made in Germany, but shipped to California for testing, before then being sent back to the UK).

And yes, you are correct that Zero UK didn't have the technical capability to fix the bikes. Alec (from the English Electric Motorcycle Company) was the 'chosen one' who was sent to the Netherlands for training. This was back in March if I remember correctly. When he returned he had about 8 SR/F's with spiderbus issues he needed to sort out - I assume our bikes were in that 8.

Anyway, I'm relieved to hear that you've got your bike back. Keep us posted as to how things go with it.

2022 Zero SR/F Premium

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2020, 08:42:50 AM »

Well, my neighbor is still pulling hours on essential jobs, so they're doing what they can.

Our shelter orders got modified again today, parks and beaches closed for the next week at least.  But some businesses are allowed to modify to fit safety and separation rules.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

didierm

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2020, 02:11:08 PM »

92 days! You've got the record so far I think ;)
My bike is at about 75ish days at the dealer now.. but I fear I'm going to have the dubious honour of beating your record.

Hold my beer.

* SR/F defunct (and first contact with dealer) : 19/02 ;
* possibility of replacing the 12V battery myself refused by dealer for warranty reasons (luckily) ;
* SR/F at dealer : 02/03 ;
* 12V battery replaced , twice ;
* BMS replaced ;
* SR/F being shipped to Zero Netherlands EU HQ : 22/04.

Next Monday (04/05), I'm going to contact Zero Netherlands.

Looks like I'm in the run for being a serious contender for that record too.

mwbales

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2020, 03:39:07 AM »

Wow.  I seem to be joining this august group, with the Battery Module Ineligible and 12V Low Voltage Fault warnings.  This *already* happened to me on 24/10/2019. While waiting for the tow truck it briefly came alive again so I crossed my fingers and raced to the nearest dealer.  "Fortunately" for me I'm in California so we have a few dealers in the Bay Area.  They had the vehicle for 1 1/2 months, replaced the BMS board, and (I thought) that was it.

Just yesterday, I took the bike out for the first time in a month (because of the lockdown), and guess what?  I'm seeing the *same* errors as before!

And for you poor blokes in the UK, I should point out that in both of *my* cases, there was no rain whatsoever.  Clear conditions both times. And in this case, sitting dry in the garage for over a month before the most-recent failure.

Sigh.  Sending the logs to Zero, and we'll see what they say.  Love the motorcycle (and it's my second after a DSR), but the reliability seems quite questionable at the moment.

Cheers,

- Mark

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2020, 03:56:50 AM »

The 12v battery is a weak point.

But this sounds like a software issue or bent pin... Something is using the battery and something else isn't recharging it in the right cycle.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

centra12

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2020, 11:56:19 AM »

What kind of problem does Zero have with a sealed battery case?

The same system as with the old models, error messages such as chassis isolation will not be available any time soon because of the new IT system but maybe empty cells due to moisture / leakage current.

Who of you has cleaned the BMS with a toothbrush?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 11:58:16 AM by centra12 »
Pages: 1 [2]