• April 29, 2024, 02:46:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Momentary power interruption when leaving a stop  (Read 1180 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Momentary power interruption when leaving a stop
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2020, 05:54:37 AM »

Lately I have experienced a momentary power interruption every now and then when accelerating from a stop. There is seems to be no obvious pattern to the issue, other than it happens when leaving a stop and when my speed is about 10 mph.  It happens perhaps every fifth ride and only lasts a for a fraction of a second.  I originally thought that my glove was slipping on the throttle grip and that was causing the problem.  But today I am pretty sure that my glove did not slip when it happened again. No big problem as long as it doesn't get worse. Today I was riding in light rain when it happened, but I did that yesterday and didn't experience the "glitch".  Anyone have any thoughts?   ???

You may wish to check the kickstand sensor. Sounds like it may be jostled by the weight of the kickstand moving during initial acceleration.

That is possible, but I doubt it. I checked the kickstand and it seems to have enough spring tension to keep that from happening.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: 1 2 [3]