• April 29, 2024, 04:37:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero Next Gen App problems  (Read 1105 times)

Ooook

• View Profile
Zero Next Gen App problems
« on: March 08, 2020, 08:47:24 PM »

Hi there,

I've got some problems with Zero Next Gen App (I have a SR/F fw v14 and a Sony Xperia XZ Android 8 ) :
  • I can't register an account within the app. My bike is paired with my phone and connected, but the app doesn't want my email & password. I tried multiple addresses and various password w/ or w/o special characters, it never works. ???
  • The other day I set a maximum charge level within the app, but I couldn't cancel it. I had to de-activate it directly on the SR/F. :(
  • When the bike is not connected, the app doesn't show any information. It doesn't keep data in cache ? That would be a great improvment.  :-\
Anyone encountered the same problems ?

(I asked Zero about these problems and am waiting for their answers).
2019 Zero SR/F
I am Ryan Reynolds

Hans2183

• View Profile
Re: Zero Next Gen App problems
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 03:34:48 PM »

Indeed the app can only show information when connected. Either by BT or with the "remote connect" option if you're not close to the bike. That remote connect option also is a limited view in the app.

Is your bike second hand? Or a demo model?

There was a discussion here before that reported that once a bike was linked to an account it could only be linked with a new account by call zero (if I recall correctly that is). That could be your issue.
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

NetPro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 05:34:08 PM »

I don't have much to contribute on this subject other than to say that the Android flavor of the app is very buggy.
Take the latest firmware upgrade for example,  after it failed to complete when initiated directly from the bike, after 8 or 9 attempts via the app, finally finished but just the MMB. The battery board update failed and no matter what I  did on my Android phone to retry the failed upgrade, it wouldn't do it.
Tried a second 'droid phone, in perfect working condition and got the same thing.

Tried it with an iPad Pro and was able to get the bike to upgrade the battery board just fine, so the versions are now  both 16.
Phones tried were Samsung S10 and Google Pixel 2.
Both of them working just fine on everything including Bluetooth and WiFi.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the app on both but it made no difference.

By the way, the failure was after pressing the "Manage Firmware" button, it would never, never display what was available or connect to anything, though, all the other functions appear to have been working fine.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 05:36:16 PM by NetPro »
2020 Zero SR/F

Ooook

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 07:03:06 PM »

Indeed the app can only show information when connected. Either by BT or with the "remote connect" option if you're not close to the bike. That remote connect option also is a limited view in the app.

Is your bike second hand? Or a demo model?

There was a discussion here before that reported that once a bike was linked to an account it could only be linked with a new account by call zero (if I recall correctly that is). That could be your issue.

Yes, my bike is a demo model.
I'll asked Zero about that, thanks a lot ! (I did search the forum before posting, but I didn't find anything regarding the register problem  ??? )

I don't have much to contribute on this subject other than to say that the Android flavor of the app is very buggy.
Take the latest firmware upgrade for example,  after it failed to complete when initiated directly from the bike, after 8 or 9 attempts via the app, finally finished but just the MMB. The battery board update failed and no matter what I  did on my Android phone to retry the failed upgrade, it wouldn't do it.
Tried a second 'droid phone, in perfect working condition and got the same thing.

Yep, the app desperatly needs an upgrade  :D
I didn't try to update to v16, but I noticed that only the bike show the upgrade, the app on my phone keeps on searching on an infinite loop...  >:(
2019 Zero SR/F
I am Ryan Reynolds

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 11:58:20 PM »

Yes, when I went to update it via my Andorid phone, it was in the infinite loop looking for an update.  The process was pretty easy with my work iPhone.  They really need to get this app working right.  Saying that, the Odometer in the app now finally matches the dashboard.  So it's getting better, just excruciatingly slow.
Currently own: 
2020 Blue Zero SR/F Premium
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Tom_Ruyter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 03:02:16 AM »

There's also the outstanding issue that if you use 12 hour clocks on your phone in th UK the scheduled charging screen just bugs out entirerly. Changing the phone to use 24 hour clocks resolves the issues completely. That was fun figuring out.

Ooook

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2020, 07:11:11 PM »

That was it !
I asked Zero and they reset the account. I just had to de-install / re-install the App, and create a new account at the 1st connection.
Many thanks !  :)
2019 Zero SR/F
I am Ryan Reynolds
Pages: [1]