• April 25, 2024, 02:05:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Charge Cycles in iOS App  (Read 368 times)

KuRi

• View Profile
Charge Cycles in iOS App
« on: February 14, 2020, 09:21:16 PM »

Hi!

My new zero dsr 2020 shows 137 charge cycles in ios app after 3 weeks of use (1100km and maybe 15 times plugged in)...

Is this normal? How is this possible? I have downloaded the logs but I can't find any charge cycles in bms logs...

Any idea? Thanks!
ZERO DSR 2020 - TOURING SEAT - TREKKER 52

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
Re: Charge Cycles in iOS App
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 12:53:08 AM »

If you've only plugged it in 15 times, that's clearly wrong, unless it started with 120 some cycles.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 01:01:41 AM »

Yeah it doesn't make sense for me either, I got my bike with just over 100 miles on it and it had something like 50 charge cycles on it where as it would be like 2 full discharges for that distance at most (so 2 charge cycles). All I can think of is it's actually a measure of how many times the bike has been plugged in to charge, but even then the number seems a little too high and I can't think of any reason why it would need to be tracked.

KuRi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 01:47:06 AM »

Somewhere I read that maybe the bike takes into account regenerations as partial cycles... but then this value is totally useless...
I can't believe that someone that just ran 100 miles connected the bike 50 times :D

I have asked the dealer and they said that this is somewhat wrong and will connect the bike to the computer next week. What a shame that I did not check this value when I used the bike for the first time :(

P.D: I am having several "minor problems" and the first days euphoria is now totally gone :(
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 02:10:40 AM by KuRi »

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 02:18:23 AM »

It was a dealer demo bike so would have been put on charge more often than usual, but over 50 is still probably too many. I don't remember exactly what the count is currently (I'll check and post an update tomorrow if I remember) but I'm pretty sure it's over 100, I certainly haven't put it on charge 50 times.

Regen contributes to range so if it does factor that in we can estimate what the charge cycle should be (if it is a full charge, 0 to 100%) based on the distance ridden. My bike has done a bit over 400 miles but let's round it up to 500, back when the weather was colder it was getting about 50 miles to a full charge according to the dash. That would mean it would only have needed about 10 charge cycles to travel that distance, so an order of magnitude less than what the app is saying.

By the way I'm using the app on Android so it's not just an iOS bug.

KuRi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 07:17:48 PM »

Hi, yesterday I plugged in the bike, lately at night it showed 138 cycles (1+). Today I was on a ride and after a few km I checked again... it showed 144 !!!

So I don't know what this number is... but it is definitely not 0-100% full charge cycles :S
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 10:30:49 PM by KuRi »

NervEasy

• View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 09:25:10 PM »

Hi, This number for me is also totally random... Changes every day in completely weird ways. I stopped looking at it as there is no logic to be found :)

All the other figures are perfectly normal and my bike charges and fast charges fine...
2019 Zero S 11kw - 2020 SR/S

dalamario

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2020, 04:03:56 AM »

The number is the total charge time in hours.

Inviato dal mio SM-N975F utilizzando Tapatalk

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2020, 04:51:59 AM »

Do you have a source for that? Because if you're right then my bike would have only needed around 40 to 50 hours of charging time to cover the distance it has, yet the counter was around that at only 100 miles.

KuRi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2020, 05:20:06 AM »

New crazy idea: The bms log shows that a full charge is counted when you are at soc >= 95% and you stop charging. Based on that idea, there could be a bug when you are >=95% and regenerating. Any time you regenerate enough to increase 1% and then stop regenerating would increase 1 charge cycle.

This would explain why I started this morning with 100%, 138 cycles, and when I was back at home I was at 88%, 144 cycles. And this would explain why there is some people here in the forum that does not have this issue so much because there are a lot of people here that uses the custom mode with default regenerating at 0% and only regenerating when braking.

However the total charge time in hours could match my number, but I need to do some calculations :)

dalamario

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2020, 04:49:36 PM »

Do you have a source for that? Because if you're right then my bike would have only needed around 40 to 50 hours of charging time to cover the distance it has, yet the counter was around that at only 100 miles.
I record every time I charge my FXS various parameters and the charge time required. I just noted that the charge cycles on the app (android one) just match my total charge time.

NervEasy

• View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2020, 04:52:13 PM »

My number has gone down once... so yeah...
2019 Zero S 11kw - 2020 SR/S
Pages: [1]