Makes And Models > Zero Motorcycles Forum | 2012 and older

Anyone with 8-12 year old Zero and uses it daily? (in 2022)

<< < (3/3)

grmarks:
The 2014 Zeros had a battery replacement program as the batteries caught fire on some bikes.
I currently have a 2015 SR with some sort of problem. I thought it was the battery as it cuts power after a couple of minutes at 100km/h limiting me to just 80 km/h. It is worse in cold weather (15 degrees C) and almost non existent in hot weather (30 degrees C).  If you stop at lights you can get 30 more seconds at 100 km/h before it cuts power. It reduces the power slowly, 99, 98, 97, 96 etc. km/h
To me, it seemed like a module was not keeping up with the rest so the BMS cut back power. A voltage drop, or something. But someone suggested that it could be a temp sensor in the battery pack.
When I first turn the bike on the dash will show EEE for a couple of seconds at the end of the start up cycle. If I turn it off and on again it doesn't show the second time. If I let it sit for a bit and turn it on it will show again. My guess was that one module had a bit lower voltage and once keyed on the other modules "charged" it up and the error disapears.

Has anyone had any similar symptoms?

Alan. Yes THAT Alan:
Going back to the original thread.

My 2011 lasted for 6,600 miles before it needed new batteries. A week after replacing the batteries, the Alltrax controller suddenly died (it was not the original controller), and I replaced that with a Kelly controller. Now everything seems to run better, farther, and quicker than it did when it was new.

Just 6,600 miles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version