• May 04, 2024, 11:20:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zero accessories?  (Read 3264 times)

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
Re: Zero accessories?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2016, 02:14:19 AM »

@Shadow, did you got anything back from Weiser? I'm also wondering if there's a separate resistor needed or is it plug and play (that would be really nice) In the video on their site they don't mention anything like this, so the resistor should be included and mounted on the back of the PCB?

[edit]
On you will see a complete installation and at around 3:55 and 5:20 you will see a big resistor of about 5Watt. So yes it is plug and play!
Remaining question is: how many unit's are in a package?

See response, I haven't heard the answer yet:

To: 
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 08:41:54 -0700
Subject: RE: Form Submission - Email - LED's the right way

Hi xx,

Thanks for your interest in our products!  I’ve asked the Weiser engineers to take a look, and we’ll get back to you ASAP:)

Ride Safe xx,
Weisermotochick

> From: Squarespace [mailto:customercare@squarespace.info]
> Sent: Friday, August 26, 2016 8:11 PM
> To: Weiser Technik Info <info@weisertechnik.com>
> Subject: Form Submission - Email - LED's the right way
>
>
> Name: xx xx
>
> Email Address: xx@xx.x<mailto:xx@xx.x>
>
> Subject: LED's the right way
>
> Message: Is there a resistor in the Weiser assembly for a Zero motorbike turn signal to emulate incandescent load? If so, can it be bypassed for use with a flasher module that is designed to be used with LED's? The power savings is probably negligible but on an Electric motorcycle every little bit helps! Also in some discussions about bikes and you'll find a few electrical engineer types who obsess over every detail.
>
> For reference I own a Zero 2016 DSR and the discussion is on a website forum: http://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=3608

AdEPT Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2016, 11:42:05 PM »

Found this video before I even bought my FX. This guy's English isn't perfect but he answers you in English on his channel.

Kenmc_3

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2016, 08:55:04 AM »

I have Acerbi (sp ?) handguards with LED lights built in. Yamaha mirror extenders, factory rack with Shad 26 liter top case, SAE extension cable hooked to the connector under the "tank", LED light strips around the rack wired as running lights, and on the rear fender wired as brake light.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2016, 10:00:24 AM »

I have Acerbi (sp ?) handguards with LED lights built in. Yamaha mirror extenders, factory rack with Shad 26 liter top case, SAE extension cable hooked to the connector under the "tank", LED light strips around the rack wired as running lights, and on the rear fender wired as brake light.

I'm sure we'd like to see how it looks!
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS
Pages: 1 [2]