General Category > Electric Motorcycle News

Evoke Urban Classic

(1/2) > >>

Alan Stewart:
https://electrek.co/2017/11/06/evoke-urban-classic-electric-motorcycle-foxconn/

Brammofan:

--- Quote ---The new Evoke Urban Classic looks similar to Evoke’s flagship Urban S. It even looks like they are sharing several components, including its signature hub motor inside the back wheel, but the Urban Classic also features a new headlight design, café racer mirrors, and a new seat, which Evokes says is made of “hand-stitched Tibetan leather”
--- End quote ---

Damn...for some reason the bolded language makes me nervous for people living in Tibet.

wavelet:
I've had an Evoke bicycle for commuting, as do my kids; they're fairly common here. Decent quality stuff at a mid-low part of the price range.

Depending on price, this might actually make more sense as a commuter than a Zero, even though it obviously has less performance & range (and I'm sure doesn't handle as well).
The claimed 120km (~75mi) range should be fine for daily commuting/errands; while full charging is a bit slow at US voltage (8 hours), most people wouldn't need to charge from empty to full each night so should still be fine. Cells are Samsung SDI cells.

This says price will be $9500 (not sure if that applies to the Urban Classic, or Urban S, which has slightly less battery capacity & range).
So, whatdo folks think -- is there a market for this?

ctrlburn:
Mixed feelings here in Wisconsin.... Foxxconn signing to build a heavily government subsidized superplant on our previously protected wetlands. Displacing some ICE would return some benefits.

The carrying capacity of "150kg (93 miles) " should make it easy to pick out all the "cut and paste" reposts, The only Miles I can think to transport is Miles Davis, so it would have room for 92 more.

wavelet:

--- Quote from: ctrlburn on November 12, 2017, 09:08:29 PM ---Mixed feelings here in Wisconsin.... Foxxconn signing to build a heavily government subsidized superplant on our previously protected wetlands. Displacing some ICE would return some benefits.

The carrying capacity of "150kg (93 miles) " should make it easy to pick out all the "cut and paste" reposts, The only Miles I can think to transport is Miles Davis, so it would have room for 92 more.

--- End quote ---
ROFL. I suspect that the "93 miles" refer to being able to transport that 150kg max payload (rider+gear) for 93 miles before the battery's exhausted; the 124mi listed in the specs for city speeds probably only holds for a 98lbs rider.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version