• May 14, 2024, 05:35:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Is your CCM working?  (Read 3211 times)

Mooseman

• View Profile
Re: Is your CCM working?
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2023, 07:15:23 PM »

Whatever the issue is, the bike has been sitting at the dealership for five and a half months now and I am done talking to them. I hired a lawyer to represent me and they can take this piece of garbage back.

I really wanted to like this bike but two different dealerships have been unable to repair the bike, it's getting warmer outside and I'm paying for the insurance while the bike is at the shop. No thanks. The manufacturer wasn't helping either. Someone telling me how sorry they are isn't going to change anything.

At this point I can only advise against getting a Zero motorcycle. They're great while they're working, but once you have a problem you can basically throw it away. Plus there are all these little issues that they've never addressed, like no brakelight when recuperating, cruise control is unable to keep the speed in an incline, no CCS charging capability, incandescent bulbs in the turn signals, inability to recharge below freezing while storage mode doesn't lower the consumption enough to make it through the winter... all these are problems that the 2014 BMW K1600GT I now bought doesn't have to deal with.

I'll update the forum on how the legal proceedings go but other than that it turns out that at this time an electric motorcycle just isn't for me. Zero is dead to me, I don't like the Lifewire and Energica isn't even available in Canada. Ah well, I still have my Tesla. At least that's something that works and gets serviced if need be.
2014 BMW K1600GT
2020 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
2021 Zero piece of iron that doesn't work and can't be repaired

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2023, 08:48:51 PM »

There's an Energica dealer in Wisconsin, USA.
Can you talk to them and get the bike? 
I have heard that they WILL ship bikes to people who can't get to a dealer for one reason or another.
The Wis dealer can prep the bike, then re crate it and ship it to you worse case.

It wouldn't hurt to at least call and inquire.

Aaron

Mooseman

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2023, 07:01:07 PM »

Thanks for your suggestion, but after all the trouble with Zero I'd rather not buy a bike without having a dealership within a reasonable distance. It's not like a gas bike where any mechanic could do an oil-/filter change regardless of the make and model. I am willing to give Energica the benefit of a doubt and assume that they are better at providing service, but if that service option is more than 300 miles away it's basically useless to me. I'm not even sure how much hassle it is to register a bike in Canada that has been sold in the US.

Maybe one day if Energica decides to have a dealership network in Ontario I'll reconsider. Until then I'll just go back to gas. Also, just to be clear, I'm not bashing electric motorcycles. I'm calling out Zero as a manufacturer that can't or won't help. The reason I'm going back to a gas bike is not that I think EV's suck. It's because Zero sucks and there are no other viable options for me at this time.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 07:05:32 PM by Mooseman »
2014 BMW K1600GT
2020 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
2021 Zero piece of iron that doesn't work and can't be repaired

zeronimbus

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2023, 03:55:39 PM »

I recovered my srs a few days ago, but still this 3g connection which does not work.
they clearly don't know where it's coming from, they think it's a bad contact on the ccm connector, a wiring harness problem, I'm thinking about a software problem, but they say no, the problem appeared during an update V17 = V18 I believe.
after several emails, I only received responses from the United States, in Europe, they do not respond....
sébastien

honda prelude 1994
bmw 1200RT 2006
Zéro sr/s full options 2021

morpheus74

• SRF 2020 (DS'14, DSR'16 and FX'15 before)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2023, 12:56:36 PM »

hi,
the same for me.
They change the CCM begining of April. It works 2 weeks !!!
After it works only when key on, and now, it dosen't work.
They change the connector last week.. but nothing new...

The connector have power after key, and power before key (directly battery) : power before key is not coming ...
It seems cable problem ... but nothing news ... :(
perhaps a direct cable from 12v battery to ccm is the solution, but it is under waranty so, i still waiting, like the new battery, requested and validated in october 2022... fr june 2023 :(
Zero Fan .. SRF 2020 & DSR 2016

zeronimbus

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2023, 07:04:04 PM »

if I remember, there are 3 sons who arrive at the ccm.
I already thought about doing it, but my bike is still guaranteed grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I have a pdf on the starcom module, and I think I have found the positive son +, it will only be tried when the time comes, as a last resort.
whoever finds the origin of the problem will make the engineers from zero look like dummies lol

attached the link of the pdf of the helios starcom module

https://transfert.free.fr/PUxKkp1
sébastien

honda prelude 1994
bmw 1200RT 2006
Zéro sr/s full options 2021
Pages: 1 2 [3]