Makes And Models > Brammo Forum

Any news on a new Victory for 2017?

(1/6) > >>

NEW2elec:
They had a good showing at Pikes Peak I hope they put it to use.

shayan:
I hope so too. Atleast some firmware updates would be good. Maybe an app to tweak parameters like regen etc would be a good start!
Strangely on victory's website even though the Empulse TT is a 2016 model, in the accessories section, there is only a 2017 Empulse TT. It may not mean anything but it may as well. I'm waiting to see if i can get my hands on something for my TT!

Richard230:
My observation is that Victory seems to respond to H-D's marketing.  When H-D came out with the LiveWire, Polaris bought Brammo and introduced the Empulse TT.  Then when the LiveWire faded away, so did Victory's enthusiasm for electric motorcycles.  If they don't announce a new 2017 version of the Empulse that actually has some obvious improvements by the end of the year, then I don't know what they are up to.  My guess is that they are waiting for H-D to introduce a production electric motorcycle and when (and if) that happens, Victory will follow with their version.  In the meantime they just seem to be playing around, getting the feel of electric power with their racing program and following through with in-house development. It just doesn't seem to me that Victory is making much of an EV commercial marketing push right now. I have heard that their dealers are not all that excited about having to sell and service the Empulse TT - which is the same reaction that I get from talking to BMW dealers.

BMW plans to bring in the C-Evolution to the U.S. market next year.  If that catches hold, perhaps that will cause Victory and H-D to move forward with their plans.  But I am not holding my breath for that. I don't think Zero is leaving very much meat on the electric motorcycle bone right now.  ???

shayan:
My guess would be that Victory would definitely want to put its racing experience to use somewhere. Pikes Peak, IOM etc. The project 156's tech definitely went into the Octane. This time the Empulse RR definitely performed very well on Pikes Peak. So a good guess to make is that, the knowledge gained there would go somewhere. If not it would not make sense for Victory to invest in these arenas for their electric motorcycle program. It may as well be that they may not launch anything this year but wait a full year to launch something else. I could certainly be sure that it may not be a response to H-D, even though they're the closest competitors :)

Zero definitely has the lion's share in the market. But if Victory or any other manufacturer (could be Zero too) can come up with an electric motorcycle like the way Tesla came up with the Model S (great components, great range, supercharger) etc then that's going to be the real gamechanger.

The best thing that can happen to electric motorcycles is the DC fast charging option. That would effectively eliminate range anxiety. Even with an 80 mile highway range, its great to be able to charge to 80-85% in like 15 mins while the rider takes a break. Unfortunately Energica is the only bike offering that at the moment. I do hope that comes in as an option from the other manufacturers. Energica has plans to setup DC fast chargers in CA just like how Tesla started off. That would be the key to make range anxiety go away.
Unfortunately Energica bikes are way too expensive :(
I know they're launching a new concept for EICMA 2016. If thats a bike for $20k with DC fast charge, it could be the best deal :)

Richard230:
Well, Lightning is still around and it costs about the same as the Energica.  But I have no idea if they have actually sold any yet.   ???  I can't think of any reason that they couldn't sell a few at $40,000, so there must be something else going on.  Maybe the Lightning LS-218 is not approved by DOT for use on public roads?   ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version