• June 17, 2024, 12:12:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Ducati MotoE bike has been built and is already being tested  (Read 3057 times)

Fred

• View Profile
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Fred

• View Profile
Re: The Ducati MotoE bike has been built and is already being tested
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 02:51:06 PM »

Thanks. That's a far more interesting article.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

wavelet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 02:21:30 AM »

Good that the effort is finally starting, though absolutely no spec numbers so far (except the motor having 147HP, according to Electrek), and the speculation the battery is 21kWh (reasonable, given the size and the MotoE reqs).

Hopefully this will get additional bike manufacturers to sit up and take notice... I'd really like a full-range electric sport-tourer before I have to give up riding eventually.

princec

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2021, 05:55:08 PM »

But then it'll not last race distance. (Good link btw)

Cas :)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 05:57:03 PM by princec »

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2022, 07:17:05 PM »

More info and a link to a nice on-track video.
https://electrek.co/2022/04/16/look-and-listen-as-we-get-our-first-video-of-the-ducati-racing-electric-motorcycle-doing-hot-laps/

It seems the official Ducati video has disappeared, but there seem to bo a few copies on YouTube, e.g.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

Fred

• View Profile
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

flynnstig82r

• Just another lanesplitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2022, 03:33:40 AM »

Those specs are very impressive. Basically combining the weight of a Zero SR with the power of an Ego. I can't help but notice that it uses 21700 cylindrical cells instead of pouch cells. I wonder why they went this direction, since I've heard that pouch cells are a lot more space-efficient?
2007 Yamaha FJR1300 AE

Past bikes:
2020 Energica SS9 13.4 kWh
2017 Zero SR 13.0 kWh
2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Touring
2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800
2012 Yamaha FZ6R

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2022, 04:02:08 AM »

And Motorcycle.com also checks out the Ducati V21 Moto E race bike:  https://www.motorcycle.com/features/world-exclusive-ducati-v21l-motoe-prototype-first-look.html
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

wavelet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2022, 07:52:49 AM »

Some more info coming out from Ducati
https://www.ducati.com/ww/en/company/product-innovation/moto-e
That's a very impressive amount of technical detail, with no empty buzzwords, including things which normally you'd expect they'd still keep confidential like pack and overall bike weight; my take is that the design is pretty much finalized apart from tuning, which is impressively quickly.
Interesting (though perhaps not surprising) that it's an 800V system. I also suspect that charging is DC only, as there wouldn't be a need to take the weight for an AC OBC on a racebike.
Looking forward to see actual results with this bike, and even more, street bikes based on the design...

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2022, 07:15:25 PM »

Some more info coming out from Ducati
https://www.ducati.com/ww/en/company/product-innovation/moto-e
That's a very impressive amount of technical detail, with no empty buzzwords, including things which normally you'd expect they'd still keep confidential like pack and overall bike weight; my take is that the design is pretty much finalized apart from tuning, which is impressively quickly.
Interesting (though perhaps not surprising) that it's an 800V system. I also suspect that charging is DC only, as there wouldn't be a need to take the weight for an AC OBC on a racebike.
Looking forward to see actual results with this bike, and even more, street bikes based on the design...

I bet it really helps to have VW bankrolling the project and donating their EV engineers to help out with the development of your race bike.   ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

wavelet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2022, 06:28:07 AM »

Bankrolling, sure, but where did you see that VAG contributed engineers?
The entire VAG MEB-platform is very much oriented towards modularity and low (very low) production costs, at the expense of everything else; none of the vehicles in it so far have impressive performance, including the GTX variants.
Porsche's PPE platform is  a slightly different story (also used in the full-size Audi e-tron), but still quite porky, and hardly race-focused.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2022, 06:57:36 PM »

There is a lot more information regarding the Ducati V21L racer prototype here, including technical details, closeup photos and a "tech talk" video. It seems like a lot of information for a racing motorcycle, unless that bike is being built as a technical demonstrator and will not be racing against other brands.  ???   https://thepack.news/ducati-unveiled-the-technical-details-of-the-motoe-project-v21l-in-a-video/

wavelet

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2022, 12:35:28 PM »

There is a lot more information regarding the Ducati V21L racer prototype here, including technical details, closeup photos and a "tech talk" video. It seems like a lot of information for a racing motorcycle, unless that bike is being built as a technical demonstrator and will not be racing against other brands.  ???   https://thepack.news/ducati-unveiled-the-technical-details-of-the-motoe-project-v21l-in-a-video/
That's the same video that Fred linked above, unless I'm missing something. Still don't see anything about VAG engineers, just Ducati & Ducati Corse engineering teams.

And indeed since the MotoE series has a single supplier for the bikes which are all identical, and for the next few years it's the V21L, this bike design won't be racing against any others.
Pages: [1] 2