• June 17, 2024, 12:26:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Turn signal relay  (Read 445 times)

Too little too late

• View Profile
Turn signal relay
« on: July 03, 2022, 09:18:25 AM »

I have a 2018S and the original signal relay stopped working. I dug around in my relay box and found two electronic relays. I plugged the large one in and it blew the fuse. I plugged the small one in and it hyper flashes. I stopped in at EGMS and asked them if they could look up the original part. The guy told me to pick up a generic one at an auto parts store, so I bought two, the regular and the loud, and they both blew the fuse. The hyper flash relay is back temporarily, but I could use some help finding a part that will work. And why are they not all wired the same? Who's bright idea was it to change the wiring, thats JPS.

ESokoloff

• View Profile
Re: Turn signal relay
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 11:11:10 AM »

Swap the two opposing terminal socket wires on the bikes flasher plug or purchase the oddball replacement relay.

See here for more details......
https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=7677.msg64749#msg64749
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 11:13:10 AM by ESokoloff »
Eric
2016 Zero DSR

Too little too late

• View Profile
Re: Turn signal relay
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 08:23:52 PM »

Thanks Eric, I found many posts about this subject, but not the simple answer. Thank you for the simple answer. Now I can put this bike back together and be done with it.
Pages: [1]